Check your lights!

Diane

Guest Team 'W'

yep !

but i do agree with it to an extent , especially when some stupid woman drives round with no brake lights on ,and only for me watching the cars infront of her brake i could have been very intimate with her back end .....lol

But there are some lethal scrap buckets on these roads ...

Elaine

I wonder how long it will come in the UK - that's if it isn't already in operation here!! Mind you the number of cars that have just one brake light working here in the UK is massive - I could setup a business with the Government and be a milionaire before the end of the year - I reckon!

Guest Mitchell
I wonder how long it will come in the UK - that's if it isn't already in operation here!! Mind you the number of cars that have just one brake light working here in the UK is massive - I could setup a business with the Government and be a milionaire before the end of the year - I reckon!

The UK mot requires at least 50% of the illumination in a lamp to emit light so each brake light must work or it's an mot failure. I believe you can get fined in the UK for faulty lights. Perhaps they're too busy to collect fines in the UK.

Guest tinkham_lee

about time. I do a lot of driving at night and i'm always mistaking cars for motorbikes because they have a light out. there are so many cars with light not working and its dangerous. head light alignment should be on the minor defect list as well. constantly being dazzled by cars that lights point too high. Bring in a MOT type test. yes stress levels went up at MOT time but it kept a lot of poorly maintained cars off the streets.

Its not hard to check your lights, even your brake lights. I check them all at least once a week.

Its not hard to check your lights, even your brake lights. I check them all at least once a week.

So what if you check your lights, set off on a trip and a bulb blows - then you get pulled over and defected? When you check yours, do they have any little indicator on them that tells you how much life they have left in them?

They ought to just make it law to carry a spare set of bulbs like they do in France.

Guest tinkham_lee
So what if you check your lights, set off on a trip and a bulb blows - then you get pulled over and defected? When you check yours, do they have any little indicator on them that tells you how much life they have left in them?

They ought to just make it law to carry a spare set of bulbs like they do in France.

I understand bulbs do blow which is why I regularly check my lights, I also carry a spare set of bulbs.

How do you explain the cars which have got 2 or 3 bulbs blown? sorry, but the I'm sorry officer they must have just blown excuse wont work. I saw a car yesterday that had a head light, side light and tail light out, all on the drivers side. wonder how long he has been and will continue to drive around like that for.

Guest The Dimmocks

I had someone reverse into the back of my car when it was parked and they smashed my rear light. I tapped it up but didnt drive it at night, thankfully we got two cars so I used hubbys for night driving till the plonker that reversed into me replaced it. I didnt want to get pulled over but then you see some people with smashed lights or not working and wonder how they get away with it.

I understand bulbs do blow which is why I regularly check my lights, I also carry a spare set of bulbs.

How do you explain the cars which have got 2 or 3 bulbs blown? sorry, but the I'm sorry officer they must have just blown excuse wont work. I saw a car yesterday that had a head light, side light and tail light out, all on the drivers side. wonder how long he has been and will continue to drive around like that for.

A spare set of bulbs, now that is a good idea. If you are ever stopped for a blown bulb, you can either put one in there or then or hopefully a police officer would let you do it home. I'll sort out a set for both cars, thanks.

Pre-drive Checks!

You would need to check your bulbs everytime you get in a car like a pilots pre flight check - not practical. I think I would prefer the police to speed check oustide schools when the kids are arriving/leaving. I saw many doing 50-60 km/hr oustide my boys school yesterday, some on phones, one drinking from a bottle head back swigging and one other looking down at possibly the radio controls - all whilst speeding.

Cooler