watch UK tv??

ladycasper

Guest Guest75
And whatever Tyke(and others) say, it's illegal.

If it wasn't illegal iplayer etc would be accesable without all these issues.

The site I quoted ( UKNova is my current chosen site) have free to air programs uploaded.

My presumption was that this was not illegal to dowload or upload - if following said rules below.

The FAQ is pretty comprehensive.

As quoted below...................

If you plan to apply for uploader privileges, please read the following rules carefully first. Uploaders who break these rules will have their upload rights removed.

If you aim to become a regular capper, we strongly recommend you also read the Uploaders FAQ for more detailed information about uploading, use of the Schedule , and links to various guides for uploaders.

General Uploading Rules:

• 1. Only material that has been produced for British television and/or radio and has been broadcast on British television and/or radio is permitted on UKNova.
  • 2. Nothing that is available commercially (on DVD, VHS or any other media) or due for imminent commercial release is allowed on UKNova.
  • 3. All uploads must include a proper description of their content, including technical details of the file. Technical details can easily be generated using the freeware GSpot, following this guide .
  • 4. Uploaded shows must be kept seeding until enough downloaders have the whole file for distribution to continue among the swarm.
  • 5. If uploading re-seeds or re-packs, please try to specify the original uploader's distribution permissions.

Special Rules for shows including musical performances:

• 1. Any programme that to all intents and purposes has primarily musical content is disallowed. This includes, for example, TOTP, chart shows etc.
  • 2. Any programme that is basically a one-to-one broadcast of a live or pre-recorded concert performance is disallowed. This includes such things as Glastonbury, one-off gigs by specific bands etc.
  • 3. Any radio show uploaded in audio format must have the songs played on the show edited out. Short "music clips" are OK. This applies both to normal radio broadcasts and any sections from UKNR shows that are uploaded.
  • 4. The following types of shows are allowed:
    * Chat shows that include one-off musical performances as part of the overall show (eg Parkinson, Friday Night With Jonathan Ross etc.)
    * Music-based "talent"-style shows (eg X-Factor, Fame Academy, How To Solve A Problem Like Maria etc.)
    * Shows that include short audio/video clips (eg I Love The 80s etc.)

If you have any doubt about whether a potential upload fits in with the rules or not, then please contact a member of staff before uploading. The same applies if you wish to upload a show that you think may qualify for an exception to the above rules, due to historical value or whatever.

In either of the above cases, the Staff's decision is final. Any shows uploaded that are in breach of the above rules and have not been approved by a Staff member beforehand will be deleted without notification. Repeat offenders will have their upload rights removed.

Finally, please familiarise yourself with the Site FAQ before asking any questions!

Please help us to keep UKNova going by adhering to these rules, which are in the overall interests of the site.

Thank you.

The site I quoted ( UKNova is my current chosen site) have free to air programs uploaded.

My presumption was that this was not illegal to dowload or upload - if following said rules below.

The FAQ is pretty comprehensive.

As quoted below...................

If you plan to apply for uploader privileges, please read the following rules carefully first. Uploaders who break these rules will have their upload rights removed.

If you aim to become a regular capper, we strongly recommend you also read the Uploaders FAQ for more detailed information about uploading, use of the Schedule , and links to various guides for uploaders.

General Uploading Rules:

• 1. Only material that has been produced for British television and/or radio and has been broadcast on British television and/or radio is permitted on UKNova.
  • 2. Nothing that is available commercially (on DVD, VHS or any other media) or due for imminent commercial release is allowed on UKNova.
  • 3. All uploads must include a proper description of their content, including technical details of the file. Technical details can easily be generated using the freeware GSpot, following this guide .
  • 4. Uploaded shows must be kept seeding until enough downloaders have the whole file for distribution to continue among the swarm.
  • 5. If uploading re-seeds or re-packs, please try to specify the original uploader's distribution permissions.

Special Rules for shows including musical performances:

• 1. Any programme that to all intents and purposes has primarily musical content is disallowed. This includes, for example, TOTP, chart shows etc.
  • 2. Any programme that is basically a one-to-one broadcast of a live or pre-recorded concert performance is disallowed. This includes such things as Glastonbury, one-off gigs by specific bands etc.
  • 3. Any radio show uploaded in audio format must have the songs played on the show edited out. Short "music clips" are OK. This applies both to normal radio broadcasts and any sections from UKNR shows that are uploaded.
  • 4. The following types of shows are allowed:
    * Chat shows that include one-off musical performances as part of the overall show (eg Parkinson, Friday Night With Jonathan Ross etc.)
    * Music-based "talent"-style shows (eg X-Factor, Fame Academy, How To Solve A Problem Like Maria etc.)
    * Shows that include short audio/video clips (eg I Love The 80s etc.)

If you have any doubt about whether a potential upload fits in with the rules or not, then please contact a member of staff before uploading. The same applies if you wish to upload a show that you think may qualify for an exception to the above rules, due to historical value or whatever.

In either of the above cases, the Staff's decision is final. Any shows uploaded that are in breach of the above rules and have not been approved by a Staff member beforehand will be deleted without notification. Repeat offenders will have their upload rights removed.

Finally, please familiarise yourself with the Site FAQ before asking any questions!

Please help us to keep UKNova going by adhering to these rules, which are in the overall interests of the site.

Thank you.

I am not interested in that, we are talking about the complete opposite of what you posted.

Please show me where it says downloading is legal :daydreaming:

And whatever Tyke(and others) say, it's illegal.

If it wasn't illegal iplayer etc would be accesable without all these issues.

I think this is correct - so in the interests of protecting the site from possible action, can we share any information via PM please?

After all, there is a reason that viewers in the UK pay a license fee......:D

I'm sure no-one on the site would ever do anything illegal such as download any music from a non-licensed site, or watch a copy of a film that didn't come from Blockbusters of the like... people must have just heard rumours about these VPN sites/places from other, less scrupulous people.. I'm sure....

BBC are looking into having an international version of iPlayer with some kind of small fee charged for use of or some such. It might also have a bit less choice then the full BBC UK iPlayer but I'd imagine it'd still have plenty of quality programmes.

We use iPlayer loads, in fact we watch more TV via that than on the actual TV when it airs. Its great being able to download to your computer also and watch as and when within a set time frame. Hubby has said once we are back in Aus he'd be more than happy to pay a small fee to have use of the planned international version. He really rates the BBC and its TV making and ways of airing etc and appreciates it enough to want to continue using it if he can.

And yes, iPlayer and the other UK channels online TV set ups are only intended for people within the UK to view. Hence it not being viewable via overseas IP addresses.

BBC are looking into having an international version of iPlayer with some kind of small fee charged for use of or some such. It might also have a bit less choice then the full BBC UK iPlayer but I'd imagine it'd still have plenty of quality programmes.

We use iPlayer loads, in fact we watch more TV via that than on the actual TV when it airs. Its great being able to download to your computer also and watch as and when within a set time frame. Hubby has said once we are back in Aus he'd be more than happy to pay a small fee to have use of the planned international version. He really rates the BBC and its TV making and ways of airing etc and appreciates it enough to want to continue using it if he can.

And yes, iPlayer and the other UK channels online TV set ups are only intended for people within the UK to view. Hence it not being viewable via overseas IP addresses.

Hello children ! oh dear sorry didnt mean to cause an argument lol !!

It would be fab if BBC had an international site where it was quick and easy to download current programmes for a small fee per download....

But they dont !! and yes they do charge a tv licence fee, which is just another form of tax anyway...BUT Im not going to go there...

thanks for your help buddies !!

But the licence fee only applies within the UK for obvious reasons. Hence iPlayer not being available outside the UK legally yet. They are looking into how to go about it and launch it and cover costs of doing so etc. Or it may be they have advertisting on it so won't charge a fee. So yeah, if and when iPlayer international launches it will be great. I like that the BBC is breaking ground with this sort of thing.

I personally don't begrudge my TV licence for the BBC. If it means decent TV and radio, no adverts and crap I'm happy. We get iPlayer also for this and its well worth it.