Getting Closer......

cormcvcr

Hi guys,

haven't posted anything for a couple of weeks, just been sitting back and watching what has been going on for all the fellow pia's.

We are still waiting, which is okay, i'm kinda getting used to it now and a lot calmer now (I think I have finally learned to be patient!), but we have been getting the house (rental) all cleared out of all the things we don't need and can live without, so things are selling fairly well.......

the biggest thing for us to sell was our car, which I hoped we could have taken with us, if you remember from a previous post, but the first person who viewed it, bought it.....so boxes are starting to accumulate with the stuff we are taking with us and the house and driveway is getting a little barer everytime I look.

So, we are ready to go as soon as we get our visa.

I know it's not the news that should be posted but I just had to share it with someone, coz' everybody else I know are starting to get a bit bored now I think of "Australia, This" and "Australia that".

So thanks for everything up till now guys, PIA is the best!

I'm just going to finish by saying CONGRATULATIONS to all who have received their visa, passed their tra, med, pcc's and will hopefully meet up with you all on the other side!

Have a great NEW YEAR and may all your dreams and wishes come true x

hi connie!

i thought you've been rather quiet lately ;)

good to hear that things are falling into place and i don't think they are little things!!!

just like you people here are not really interested when i got rid of yet another thing :swoon:

but to me it's a big step in the right direction!!

so well done you and it won't be long for you :cute:

hiya,

i dont think its small things either! in fact sometimes i think it is the small things that make you suddenly realise just what a big thing youre doing! anyway, it is good to hear your preparations are going well, surely takes some of the stress away if you're feeling more or less organised!

all the best to you and all other pia's for 2008. I have been thinking of 2008 for some time as the 'Australia year', and now its nearly here- yeehaahhh!

steph:jiggy:

Hi Cornelia & Andy

Its good to see fellow Scots in the PIA.

We are new members and are leaving for Adelaide on the 25th June and are working through a tick list of things to do, so we appreciate what you are going through.

We feel that apart from PIA we have nobody back home that realises the volume of tasks we need to complete before we cam leave for Oz, so any that are achieved is a big deal for us too.

Anyway a saying we follow is " Failure to prepare is to prepare to fail".

We hope your Visa arrives soon and you have a Happy & Prosperous New Year.

Cheers

Derek & Jak

Thanks everybody, as per ususal!!!!

We just need to be doing something, as many of you are aware, once you get on the final straight there is nothing else you can do but wait, so it is helping me keep busy, but on the bigger scheme of things is getting everything in order that we can just up and leave when the visa comes.

Hey Susi, good to hear from you as always, how's things your side? are you any further forward yet?

Welcome Derek & Jak, as you said, good to see some fellow scots, so a big HIYA to you both.... we aren't that far away from yourselves, we live slap bang in the middle between Edinburgh & Glasgow!

Guest graandjac

:notworthy:Have to agree with all the above, its not just the facts on here that have helped us along the way but the little things , the banter, and just getting to know people without even meeting them, sounds crazy....!!

One of the best bits for me has been meeting people at the meets after getting to know them on here first.....no Judging.....just all normal people wanting to better their family life. So cheers to all those people who have been here all last year with us and good luck to all the newbies starting out. Cheers Gra & Jac;)

hmmm, all 'normal' people?? most sure are but what about 'pete' for example [whisper whisper] :P:jimlad:

connie no news from us :nah:

we've only just applied for pcc's and medicals will follow shortly.

not even acknowlodgment just yet ....

but good things come to those who wait .. or so i've been told :err: