101 ways to deal with the Mother In Law and other problematic relatives.

Guest Becster19

Guest Becster19

Having broached this subject in another thread, I thought I would set up a fun little thread for those who are having difficulties with relatives over their prospective move to the great Oz. MIL seem to be a common difficulty and mine is going to be so difficult to handle, we havent actually told her about the move yet. I think we might drop in on the way to the airport, shout the news out of the car window and screech off into the sunset :) Last time we went overseas for 2 and a half years, there wasn't a nice word uttered about me the whole time and that was when I had just taken her son away, now we have her grand daughter too.... well, its not going to be pretty!

Anyway, this is for those that need to vent, have a giggle or share their evil MIL stories. :biglaugh:

Guest Guest75

I've lost count of the times that posters have asked me to remove certain comments after they have found out the MIL has joined this forum :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::shocked:

Guest helene73

I am thinking maybe I got the whole emigrating thing wrong to get away from MIL it would have been a Damm site cheaper and less stressful just to hire a hitman for her!!!! ;) hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest helene73

Hi Tyke I have nothing to hide from my old goat I say a lot worse to her when she rings me up and has ago,

I almost sound nice about her on here with the swearing emitted pmsl x

Guest Nicky&Andy

:biglaugh::biglaugh: think its worse when your here and they ring you to say their comming to stay for 8 weeks

I am thinking maybe I got the whole emigrating thing wrong to get away from MIL it would have been a Damm site cheaper and less stressful just to hire a hitman for her!!!! ;) hehehe

People ask me why I moved to Adelaide. I tell them that I couldn't find anywhere farther away from the MIL !:biglaugh:

My MIL only lives a few miles up the road, but I still haven't seen her for 6 months! :jiggy: So I don't think where we are makes much difference :D

Guest natmark

My mother in law doesn't seem to be overly bothered unless she's hiding it really well!

It's my mum who'll be the problem. She gets upset and goes quiet everytime its mentioned (and it's not even me that brings it up!) I think she's hoping that we'll forget about it now that we have 2 children but that just makes me more determined to go!

Natalie

Guest Becster19

Having our daughter is what has made us decide to go back to Adelaide. We have lived in lots of places but when I think about what place would offer her the most opportunities and the best chances in life, its Adelaide every time. Im very lucky, my parents also lived overseas for a long time, before they had me, and they are very supportive, to the extend to which my dad has said "Hurry up and move, so I can come visit you before I die!!" I have the 2 opposite ends of the spectrum!

Guest Becster19
People ask me why I moved to Adelaide. I tell them that I couldn't find anywhere farther away from the MIL !:biglaugh:

Thats what I said when we lived in Dunedin in New Zealand! I think that is actually as far away as you can go!

Guest helene73
:biglaugh::biglaugh: think its worse when your here and they ring you to say their comming to stay for 8 weeks

Aaaarrrrrrggggggg that's not a nice thought lol I'd move out as I dont talk to her.

I have a nice dream of OH taking her to see crocs up north then me in ninja gear sneaks up behind and shoves her in!!! Ta da end of the MIL I find visualising this has a great calming effect when stressed!!!

Guest leerusson

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha:biglaugh: o.m.g,i havent laughed so much in ages and i only came on here for a qick nose!!!!!

Im lucky my mother in laws broomstick wont make it to adelaide phew!!!!!!!

rachel.

Guest boesman

Hear hear, those dreaded visits! Don't know if living close to MIL would have been better, short sweet visits over weekends or far away and then visits that lasts weeks :arghh:

Guest karyn1

Where to start with my outlaws???

Well, we all got along fine (small doses), and they live a 5 min walk from us. Hubby has son from his first marriage who is the apple of their eye! We married, and shortly after we were expecting our son :)

That was it - rapid downward spiral!:shocked: Apparently I was just supposed to play step-mom every week Thursday through Sunday and then sit and twiddle my thumbs for step-son to come back the next week. When hubby called from hospital to announce the birth of their Grandson, they asked how step-son took the news:skeptical: ????

Anyway, after many arguments about them leaving out our kids constantly (ie-bringing round stuff for step-son....and not as much as a sideways glance at my kids?) we went our own ways and now don't even speak.

They will no doubt be over the moon that we are moving, and don't have to run to another aisle in Tesco when they see us....but not as much as me:biglaugh:

They have lost out on two fabby grandkids, their loss.....

Don't think we will ever get the call about an 8 week visit somehow!

Now you're beginning to scare me......

Last year my MIL was bitten by an adder, it was terrible you could see the agony etched on it's face, we rushed it to the vets, but sadly it died on route !!!;)

Guest helene73
Now you're beginning to scare me......

Last year my MIL was bitten by an adder, it was terrible you could see the agony etched on it's face, we rushed it to the vets, but sadly it died on route !!!;)

Oh the poor thing :(

I wonder how she come off MIL v's taipan?!? I am thinking taipan doomed!!!! She obviously has more deadly venom in her lol

Guest Guest75
Oh the poor thing :(

I wonder how she come off MIL v's taipan?!? I am thinking taipan doomed!!!! She obviously has more deadly venom in her lol

I'll start saving up the scorpions,redbacks,brown snakes and the usual suspect for a fee???:cute::cute::cute:

Guest fatman
Having broached this subject in another thread, I thought I would set up a fun little thread for those who are having difficulties with relatives over their prospective move to the great Oz. MIL seem to be a common difficulty and mine is going to be so difficult to handle, we havent actually told her about the move yet. I think we might drop in on the way to the airport, shout the news out of the car window and screech off into the sunset :) Last time we went overseas for 2 and a half years, there wasn't a nice word uttered about me the whole time and that was when I had just taken her son away, now we have her grand daughter too.... well, its not going to be pretty!

Anyway, this is for those that need to vent, have a giggle or share their evil MIL stories. :biglaugh:

My MIL has never been out of UK and would never fly.. so don't have to worry there, having said that she is a brilliant MIL, NEVER interfers, she is devastated we are moving but would never say to our faces... lovely lady, FIL as well... perfect in-laws..... ITS MY MOTHER that was the problem (at first)....the old goat is fine about us moving now (because she now knows it could mean 3 mth visits out to Oz!) ha ha ha..... WHERE WOULD WE ALL BE WITHOUT IN-LAWS!!!!??? ha ha ha ha..... ummmmmmm ;)

Janis (OH to Graham) :jiggy: