Do you drink the tap water?

suzer

Do you drink the tap water in South Australia?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drink the tap water in South Australia?

• Yes - it's fine
    • No - too much chlorine, salt or whatever else

Guest the4hopes

No, The shower smells so strong of chlorine so I choose not to drink tap water, I was at my friends house the other day and I filled the kettle with water and I could smell bleach but it was from the water.

Guest Squareman

I drink the tap water, but as per the thread I created on here recently, its not the best tap water I have ever tasted. I find it strange that in this day and age, a country like Australia can't produce decent tap water. Gotta be rubbish at something, I guess........hehe

I drink the tap water, but as per the thread I created on here recently, its not the best tap water I have ever tasted. I find it strange that in this day and age, a country like Australia can't produce decent tap water. Gotta be rubbish at something, I guess........hehe

which thread - link if you have it?

Well, yes I do drink it, but we have a filter fitted (NOT Puratap by the way!!) - without that it does taste quite chemically, but through the filter it's fine.

Can't see how boiling it would help by the way, as if I ever fill the kettle from the unfiltered tap and make tea, I can still taste it!

If you don't have a filter, putting it into a jug and leaving it for the chlorinie to evaporate off is the next best thing.

My cats will only drink out of a running tap - but they don't seem to mind if it's filtered or not, as long as they can stick their head under it.

I don't drink it from the Tap,having heard stories about Adelaide Water when i arrived here.I have tried it when desperate,and i thought it tasted odd,so buy mine from the Supermarket in the 10 litre boxes for the house, plus a 1.5 litre bottle per day for carrying around.It isnt really that expensive compared to many other things here.:D

Guest Fluterby

We dont drink the tap water. We have a pura tap, well worth the money in my opinion!

Could never drink rainwater. Bird poo, moss etc on roof then washed into rain tank. Bugs and wriggleys. Nah not for me!

David