Noisy neighbours

Guest tinkham_lee

Guest tinkham_lee

Is there anything I can do about my neighbours playing loud music whenever they are home.

Its that loud I can hear it clearly over my TV and sometimes over the vacuum cleaner.

I have tried asking them to turn it down but they ignore me or turn it down for 20-30 mins before turning it back up again. I have phoned the police a few times, with the music going down for the rest of the evening, but the next day it is turned up again.

My wife and I just want to get home after work and relax but cant because of the constant racket.

What can I do about it. Hope someone can help.

Guest Guest5035

try the council and keep ringing the police, day in day out. It happened to us a few years ago, every weekend, until i blew my top at 03.30 one sunday morning, had to get up at 4am anyway for work, i went balistic with my hammer down the dividing fence, they shut up then. To cut a long story short we sold and after everything had gone through signed sealed and delivered, i again went balistic with my hammer on the fence at all times through the day when they were in. We now live on a corner with a retirement village behind us and the other neighbour is 70 plus.

Its bliss until the old dears have a wine party!!!!

stevo

Is there anything I can do about my neighbours playing loud music whenever they are home.

Its that loud I can hear it clearly over my TV and sometimes over the vacuum cleaner.

I have tried asking them to turn it down but they ignore me or turn it down for 20-30 mins before turning it back up again. I have phoned the police a few times, with the music going down for the rest of the evening, but the next day it is turned up again.

My wife and I just want to get home after work and relax but cant because of the constant racket.

What can I do about it. Hope someone can help.

keep on to the police let them know its on going, ask the police for a envioment protection order a few fines and they will soon keep the music down falling that buy a shotgun:biglaugh::policeman:.

tina x

Guest BrianS

take the fuse out of their incoming power? play your music even louder?

or just wait a few months and it will cost too much for anyone to play their music or have any power on.

as said above though... an environment protection order could do the trick ...

Guest Weez

oh i feel for you:sad: we had the same thing with our drug dealer next door neighbour in the uk for 5 years, i hope it gets better for you, good luck XX

Guest rich

I lived next to a hillbilly for a while. He used to throw tinnies at his dog and have his inbred friends round for what sounded like polar bears having an orgy. we were too scared of him and felt unable to do much. One night at 3am the police showed up for some reason, took him away. he came back the next day and was quieter... god knows what happened but it made life somewhat easier.

moral of the story - police = good option

I lived next to a hillbilly for a while. He used to throw tinnies at his dog and have his inbred friends round for what sounded like polar bears having an orgy. we were too scared of him and felt unable to do much. One night at 3am the police showed up for some reason, took him away. he came back the next day and was quieter... god knows what happened but it made life somewhat easier.

moral of the story - police = good option

Makes you wonder what went down at the Police Station!:Randy-git:;)

Guest WhatNow?

Council noise abatement system works well if you have the stamina to use it. They will go round and warn them, then if nothing changes, send letters to all neighbours to ask them if it affects them. Hopefully a few will back you up. All names and addresses are kept secret so they don't know who has complained. They do another visit warning that the next step is court action and if nothing changes they get taken to court. Works for parties, rowdy kids, revving cars, noisy garden machinery at antisocial hours and barking dogs...If the police have been called this adds to the evidence.

oh i feel for you:sad: we had the same thing with our drug dealer next door neighbour in the uk for 5 years, i hope it gets better for you, good luck XX

why would he not sell at mates rates???;)

Police can issuse on the spot fines over $400 so so get them to do a EPO

As above ring the police, you must be preparedto complete. Statement.

They can also issue a proabition order and can seize the equipment

Google the environmental protection order procedure or the Act.

If you need anything or struggle finding it, letmeknow I will get it for you.

You have the right to a peaceful and undisturbed home environment..

Guest Guest5035
As above ring the police, you must be preparedto complete. Statement.

They can also issue a proabition order and can seize the equipment

the doo gooders won't let them

stevo

Guest liotis

Call the police every time - make sure they can hear over the phone what is going on. Insist on them taking action and giving you an incident number, every time.

I went through this for about 6 months in Sydney. The neighbours were renting. I ended up writing a letter weekly, or more often, to the renting agent, I included the incident numbers and detailed descriptions of the misbehaviour in every letter.

They finally got evicted. But it was a horrible experience.

If they own the property I'd be writing to the council and possibly going to my MP.