What the F***?

Guest BurgessFamily

Guest BurgessFamily

Is it April?...maybe they should have fines for bad dress sense and offensive mullets.

Under laws set to be introduced to State Parliament this week, Victoria Police will get permanent powers to slap potty-mouthed perpetrators with on-the-spot fines of up to $240 for using language deemed to be indecent, disorderly, offensive or threatening.

Offensive language has been an offence in Victoria since 1966. Swearing — if it is deemed serious enough — can carry a penalty of up to two years' jail, and is even considered an offence if no one is present to hear it.

The new laws for indecent language will carry a fine of two-penalty units, equivalent to about $238.90

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/big-fines-for-those-who-cry-foul-20110530-1fctb.html

Guest Adelaide_bound

We need that here - so sick and tired of being sworn at for other people bashing into me/getting in the way/being twits. Got called a 'fat c*nt, with a f*ing cr*p car' today because the blind idiot decided to, for no reason, try and drive into my car, and the only way of avoiding them was to do an emergency stop, but as it was 50mph road and I had another twit up my behind, I thought I small toot on the horn to tell them I was there was a good idea. Obviously not - it seems here you should just let your car get written off or you are horribly at fault. Sigh.