My best mate Sam

Guest leeozbound

Guest leeozbound

Lost my best mate Sam today, he was a little jack russell who was supposed to see out his last few years in Oz with us when we move next year. He got diagnosed with a tumor recently and today lost his battle. I have organised to have him cremated does anyone know if you can take your pets ashes with you to Oz?

Sorry to hear about your loss mate :sad:

We lost one of our dogs Sui a few weeks back and still feel sad about it.

Worse for our other dog though who just has not been the same since.

Yes you can take ashes over its no problem.

Good luck with the move over and really sorry about your loss.

Guest fatman
Lost my best mate Sam today, he was a little jack russell who was supposed to see out his last few years in Oz with us when we move next year. He got diagnosed with a tumor recently and today lost his battle. I have organised to have him cremated does anyone know if you can take your pets ashes with you to Oz?

Awww, so sorry to hear abt your Sam!! so heartbreaking X :sad:

We are hoping to be able to take our old cat (age nearly 12) with us to Adelaide, I can't imagine not having her, our pets are so precious eh?

I think that is a lovely idea to take Sam's ashes over with you.

Good luck with the move ,

Janis Price (Aberdeenshire, Scotland)

Jack russells are such cuties! I love their energy and enthusiasm for life.

I am so sorry to learn of your loss. It's such a hard call when you have to let your friend go peacefully and painlessly but enjoy those happy memories. If your love for Sam is anything like our love for our dogs, then Sam will always be there with you.

Like Willie Morris said in My Dog Skip," they had buried him under the elm tree, they said - yet this wasn't totally true. For he really lay buried in my heart"

The loss of a best friend sucks; good luck and peace to you and your family(I sound like a hippie! :eek: Maybe I shouldn't post when I'm tired hey?)

LC

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi,

This is leeozbounds wife, thank you all for your kind messages. Its good to hear we can take him with us it means a lot. To all you dog owners.....enjoy them as it is the most heartbreaking thing when its time for them to go.

Thanks again

Steph

Guest jaxndel

Sorry to hear your sad news.

Guest The Standalofts

So sorry you lost your dog, we lost ours at Easter so know what your going through.

Try and think of all the happy memories

Lesley x

Oh you poor things, so sorry to hear this. They always have such a place in our hearts, our pets, that it feels like a huge hole when they have gone. The only way I have found to partially fill that hole is to get another, but they can never replace what you have lost, you just have to get through each day at a time with the grief.

Really feeling for you all.

Diane

Guest Nick11

You poor thing. We lost our pet..also called Sam..a few months before we emmigrated.His piccie is by my name. You can take his ashes..just make sure that the urn is good quality wood and that you declare it if it is going in your container. Make sure it is the last thing loaded into your container so customs can find it easily.

Guest Team 'W'

Oh "im so sorry for your loss guys "... they are not just pets they become a family member, and YES thats the biggest heartbreaker when they pass on, it took me over two yrs to get over my dog in the uk a few yrs back and i also said i would NEVER have anuther one especially coming over here to ozz ...

AND GUESS WHAT !!!! yep ive got a fur ball once again AND he is just the best ...

You will shed lots of tears and you will wish you still had him, but the pain will ease and you will have all those fab memories of him ...

I wish you well ..

Elaine