Today Tonight solar power

Guest guest569

Guest guest569

Did anyone see the today tonight program about true value solar ??? I missed it and am expecting an installation next weds !!! Only ordered on 26th Jan !!!!:arghh:

Can anyone find a link so i can watch the program ???:notworthy:

Guest Guest5035

can you get your money back......wasn't good viewing if you are a customer, a few dodgy things going on, bad installers, a guarantee only valid if they do a inspection every 2 years, bad workmanship, dodgy sparkies, people waiting 4 months to have it installed and a few more,

stevo

We ordered our solar back in December last year and have only just had installation. I think lots of other people were in the same boat as everyone seems to be installing them in the past few weeks (including us). The delay is due to the Japan earthquake. Well thats what the Solar Shop told us.

Guest simply red

Very interesting that Ch 7 showed the piece as it is the subject of legal proceedings at the moment. True Value Solar sought (unsuccessfully) an injunction preventing it from being shown a few weeks ago - a decision which is being appealed in the Supreme Court tomorrow.

Will look forward to seeing the segment once it goes up online. If it's making the same sort of allegations which are complained about in the legal proceedings, there could be some interesting scenes in court tomorrow...

Contact the Office of Consumer and Business Affairs they should know something about it and can give you some good advice about whether you should pay any more etc. Here's a link to their website http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/ If it were me I wouldn't pay any more until I knew more about the facts of the story. I didn't see the full story but there were some issues but not sure which company it was so yours could be fine. If the information was not correct then presumably the company that was being named by Today Tonight could sue them so it would be wise to proceed with more facts in hand.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nick11

We had solar panels put in last week . Took only 5 weeks from ordering it to installation. We paid $1990 , but got $200 because they broke their 1 month installation promise. They have sorted out everything..only got to wait 3 weeks for ETSA to fit our import/export meter. Our meter is going backwards!!!!!

Guest guest569
We had solar panels put in last week . Took only 5 weeks from ordering it to installation. We paid $1990 , but got $200 because they broke their 1 month installation promise. They have sorted out everything..only got to wait 3 weeks for ETSA to fit our import/export meter. Our meter is going backwards!!!!!

3 weeks ??? How did you wangle that Nick ??? I'm booked in for the 25th Aug !!!!

Did you also go with True value solar ???

Asil, yes all went well. Just waiting for the new meter and its all up and running. Although it has taken 5 months i still think its worth it and would go with them again as their prices are hard to beat !!

Guest Nick11
3 weeks ??? How did you wangle that Nick ??? I'm booked in for the 25th Aug !!!!

Did you also go with True value solar ???

Asil, yes all went well. Just waiting for the new meter and its all up and running. Although it has taken 5 months i still think its worth it and would go with them again as their prices are hard to beat !!

Apparently it is down to when ETSA are booked to visit the area where you live..my neighbour had it done in 4 days!!! She was in the right place at the right time.

Never heard of True value solar....we went on recommendations from a couple of friends who are very frugal with their money and always hunt out the best deals..a company based in Victoria.

Guest Nick11
ETSA have been and changed over our meter. So now its a wait and see what the next bill is to find out if installing 40 panels on the roof with a 3.8kW system works or not.

Wow 3.8 kw...you should be in credit big style!!!!:notworthy:

Yesterday I was in all day..4 lots of washing, kids in all night and we used a grand total of 2 units and that's on a 1.5 kw.

• 1 month later...
Guest KP Nuts

Bob, we had ours fitted yesterday by the same company, ordered 11 weeks ago. Just waiting to hear from ESTA now. Can't wait to see the meter going backwards, lol

Guest guest569

have Etsa approved your system Kim ?? We ordered ours back on 26th jan. They wanted to install it over and over again but etsa said not untill they had approved it and notified Origin. Then they would let me book a meter date. Roll on 25th Aug !!!!!

Prepare for a long wait with Etsa Kim !!!!

Guest KP Nuts
have Etsa approved your system Kim ?? We ordered ours back on 26th jan. They wanted to install it over and over again but etsa said not untill they had approved it and notified Origin. Then they would let me book a meter date. Roll on 25th Aug !!!!!

Prepare for a long wait with Etsa Kim !!!!

Hmmmmm didn't know that ETSA had to approve it, why would they so long as you get the new input/output metre from them at $632.30!!!!!