A little update :-)

Guest harrison clan

Guest harrison clan

Hi all, not been on here for a wee while. Our plans for SA SS went out the window when they closed the system down on 2nd May while we were still waiting for TRA so we had decided to try for WA SS as we won't have enough points come July. Well we got TRA back on 24th May but they had classed hubby as a cook and not chef because he hadn't had 3 years work experience after his AQF III! Agent was sorting out our appeal as they were convinced the assessor had assessed it wrong but we thought that was the end of our dream - the only state with cooks available on their SMP was NT with a 60 week wait. Then WA announced they were accepting cooks again from the 1st June :D Our SS went in on 1st/2nd there and we woke this morning to an email saying our SS had been approved so our 176 has been submitted and now all we can do is wait!

It's like someone has lifted a massive weight from my shoulders now and it feels great. Our dream of a new life in Adelaide is still alive even if it means we have to go via WA but we will get there in the end!

Wendy :jiggy:

Guest helene73

Woo hoo thats great :)

look up (petal) susan on here the same thing happened to her too she now has WA SS.

Is'nt it funny how life turns out i would have killed for WA SS but they did'nt want hairdressers, i even went out there in October on a reckie!!! I am sure you will love WA experiance everything it has to offer and i recomend a trip to Monkey Mia hell of a drive but absolute paradise up there.

I believe things happen for a reason and while niether of us originally wanted these states maybe we are meant to be in them, i certainly am going to embrace everything that SA has to offer, when i missed out on SA SS the first time i was gutted i could have jumped states but there is something drawing me to SA i totally intend to build a life there and give it my best shot i am no longer looking at it as a steping stone to get to WA i think SA will be my home for a long long time :)

i wish you the best of luck with your new life in WA and hope you get to SA one day but you never know you may just fall in love with WA!!!

best wishes and keep in touch on here and let us know how you get on :)

Helene x

Guest harrison clan
Woo hoo thats great

look up (petal) susan on here the same thing happened to her too she now has WA SS.

Is'nt it funny how life turns out i would have killed for WA SS but they did'nt want hairdressers, i even went out there in October on a reckie!!! I am sure you will love WA experiance everything it has to offer and i recomend a trip to Monkey Mia hell of a drive but absolute paradise up there.

I believe things happen for a reason and while niether of us originally wanted these states maybe we are meant to be in them, i certainly am going to embrace everything that SA has to offer, when i missed out on SA SS the first time i was gutted i could have jumped states but there is something drawing me to SA i totally intend to build a life there and give it my best shot i am no longer looking at it as a steping stone to get to WA i think SA will be my home for a long long time :)

i wish you the best of luck with your new life in WA and hope you get to SA one day but you never know you may just fall in love with WA!!!

best wishes and keep in touch on here and let us know how you get on :)

Helene x

Hi Helene,

Funny you should say that, I think I've just found Susan on PIO :biglaugh:

We will embrace everything that WA has to offer and like you say, you never know we might just fall in love with the place and if we do then so be it. I'm still just incredibly grateful that they have given us the chance to get to Oz at all.

Hope everything works out for you too and you get that visa app in asap once July comes :)

Wendy x

Guest helene73

That's great I love Susan we chat on the phone all the time and get each other through all this lol she really is a little star :)

My SS is going to be lodged as soon as it opens lol visa is ready to go just have to sit IELTS as I am now 5 points short under the new points system but it's all good I am getting slowly but it's all good and I am staying positive :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)