Anyone not get OAA?

Guest Kath_and_Ian

Guest Kath_and_Ian

We've requested OAA, and are not too bothered where we get it. I wa just wondering if anyone here had asked for it and not got it. Some friends have said we can stay with them, but it's a lot to ask someone to put up a family of four, and we certainly wouldn't stay for the 12 weeks we can get with OAA. Our ideal position would be to buy somewhere while still in OAA.

So, has anyone been told it's unavailable?

Guest dglamoore

This quite a new forum so don't think anyone from here has not got it but I have seen others on different forums saying they were not one of the lucky ones.

I read somewhere that there are only 50 OAA properties for migrants so good to have a plan B. We applied last year and should hear towards the end of March if we are one of the lucky ones but getting an alternative ready in case :D

Fingers crossed for you

Lisa :lol:

How early should you apply for an OAA ? Lisa you were incredibly organised. We have decided to use this option & are unsure if its too soon ? I would welcome any suggestions..............note we have not got a flight booked yet so perhaps this will be the issue as I imagine you have to put an arrival date ...............am I right?

Thanks

Angela

Guest dglamoore

Hi Angela

We had a business to close down hence why we were so organised and set the date so we could advise customers etc as they needed a few months notice ideally that we would not be around - and so they could settle invoices without me chasing them for payment from the plane :D

We worked out the date we hoped to have the visa by and looked at the flight we wanted on the singapore airlines site. We used the flight numbers and arrival details for OAA and luckily when the visa came through we were able to book the seats on the flight we have been looking at since November last year when we applied for OAA :lol: must be fate

So long as you have a date to arrive and can provide flight arrival details I don't think it matters how early you request it. They never told us we were too early and we applied 6 months before arriving!! Just hope we get it :lol:

Lisa :D

Guest dglamoore

Hi Angela

We could only hold flights for 2 weeks and did not want to book (seemed too much like tempting fate before getting the visa) as we would loose our money if we had to cancel.

We only looked the flight number up and gave an arrival date for OAA. We only actually booked the flights the day the visa grant letter came through :lol:

Lisa

Guest simtrakyra

Pardon me for being a bit clueless, but what exactly is OAA?

We're planning on relocating to the northern suburbs July this year and haven't a clue where we're going to stay until we find a rental property.

Guest Kath_and_Ian

I've just realised, Lisa, that you're arriving about two weeks before us. I'll be interested to see how you get on with accommodation. Good luck!

Guest Kath_and_Ian

There's a new thread on OAA over in Adelaide Brits (am I allowed to mention that?) in which people discuss the positives of OAA. It set my mind at ease, as so many had posted negative impressions before.

Guest Guest75
There's a new thread on OAA over in Adelaide Brits (am I allowed to mention that?) in which people discuss the positives of OAA. It set my mind at ease, as so many had posted negative impressions before.

LOL

Just about allowed ;-)

Interesting to see if the poll throws up a reasonable set of figures.

Guest Kath_and_Ian

I would go onto "the other forum", but I don't think my eyes are ready for that much yellow. :lol:

Also I can't get on it at work because the intranet blocks access to it. :roll: