• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Area to Live

Title
      Liked
      62 times
      Rep
      dog parks, stolen fron the tea tree gully council website

There are two dog parks in the City of Tea Tree Gully and these parks have been used as working examples for many Councils across Australia. Council has received considerable recognition from the Dog & Cat Management Board for being the first South Australian Council to establish official Dog Parks.
      Tails Trails – Ashley Avenue, Ridgehaven

In April 1992 Australia's first dog park was established and was fully funded by the then Department of Environment and Planning.
      Tails Trails is a dog exercise area incorporated into a natural, scenic reserve with creek and walking trail. Obstacles placed within the park are suitable for novice through to advanced dogs and provide park users with interesting and challenging exercises for their pets to achieve.
      Pet Park – Bicentennial Drive, Golden Grove

In conjunction with Delfin, Pet Park was established in 1996 at Golden Grove. This park was fully funded by Council.
      The design of the park is Council's own and the park is fully fenced which allows residents to run their pets off leash whilst maintaining adequate control. It has obstacles designed to accommodate novice through to advanced dogs

the council website is http://www.teatreegully.sa.gov.au/page

Here is the link from Salisbury Council about dog parks

http://cweb.salisbury.sa.gov.au/mani...60&stypen=html

And the website address http://cweb.salisbury.sa.gov.au

Im not sure about the beaches, I understand they are allowed off the lead in the winter and walked on the lead in the summer. Here is a link from Adelaide Brits about dogs on beaches, it might help http://www.adelaide-brits.com/forum/...ogs+on+beaches

Motor cross, I'll do a bit more investigation but at the moment there is a place at Port Gawler (1 1/2 drive) tel no. 85202122. there is a track at Jams by Monarto (good 45 minute drive) There is a track at Tea Tree Gully but i don't know where yet. A place called Gillman - have no idea where that is. I'll pop over to my ex-neighbour and have a chat to him, I know he does motor cross because he used to sort his bike out in the garden for hours on end!!!!! http://www.fmxaustralia.com/forum/sh...p?t=21610 Here is a site with a forum that might help you out.

Jo xx
      Last edited by salisbury massive; 17-01-2008 at 02:36 AM.
      On top of the hill in Salisbury Heights

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Great reply Jo, we are also looking in this area when we come on our reccie, this is going to be big help.

Thanks Andy&jill

suejohndan
      Hi Julie and family,
      Noticed your husband is a plumber, so is mine. Can I ask how he got the job offer and how will he go about getting a licence? My husband is also a qualified gas fitter with 10 years experience do you know what the pay is like?
      Sorry to ask all of these questions!
      From
      Sue & John

Title
      Liked
      62 times
      Rep
      I've just realised Julie you put north Adelaide regarding your husbands job and i said it will take him 30 - 40 mins to get there. Do you mean North Adelaide as in the suburb just outside the City or North East Adelaide as in the suburbs you mentioned in the post? That would make a huge difference on the driving time scales.

Jo
      On top of the hill in Salisbury Heights

Keel
      We live in Greenwith after weeks and weeks of looking around we finally settled on this area.You cant really go wrong with Greenwith,golden grove,Gulfview,Sailsbury heights,Wynn vale and even Fairview park or Tea tree gully.It did take us a while before deciding on this area.Before we came out here we thought we wanted the whole beach and city life but that soon changed as we drove around and looked at houses.You'll find that nearer the city the less land you get and the beach is sooooo expensive.We didn't want to buy just yet but couldn't believe how quick the house market is moving out here at the minute.We put offers in in houses and lost them because we were being out bid left right and centre.We were lucky to find ours really.As Salisbury massive said its a bit more expensive but the views are great.Good luck.

Julie
      JO

Lee's job is based in Elizabeth. Even though I don't want to live too close to Elizabeth we can't be too far away either so thats why we are looking around the Golden Grove area which sounds good. Unfortunately we have been to Oz a few times last time in March/April 07 but we mainly did NSW and QLD which we were thinking of moving to, but then this job came up in Adelaide thats why we don't have much of an idea on the area as we did our main research in QLD.

Julie

Julie
      Sue & John
      Lee got a job offer through a good friend who is also a plumber for a Company in Oz. The plumbing company were having difficulty in employing fully qualified plumbers within OZ so our friend asked if he would be interested in employing someone from the UK, and the rest is history. Lee should be able to work towards his plumbing licence while working for the plumbing company.

With regard to pay, it is not as good as the UK,but its a start .

Good luck with your search.

Julie & Lee

Julie
      Thanks for your reply. Do you think we could buy a nice 4 bed house with pool, or room to build a pool in these areas with around 250,000 pounds?. Hope so as don't really want to pay much more than that as want to get rid of the mortage?.
      Julie

Keel
      Hi Julie,
      We're also based in Elizabeth hence the reason we looked at this area.Its real easy to get too just straight up the main North rd or down for the city.Have a look on real estate.com.au and see what your money will buy you.We were a little shocked when we got here.The houses we looked at back in Feb when we applied have shot up in value and we couldn't afford them now.You wont go far wrong with the amount of money you have.They only thing we found was you wont get a a huge house with a huge pool with lots of land.We found it hard to get a good mix.Some had tiny gardens,especially the newer houses.A few people on my course out here have bought land and are building their own.Apparently its easier to do then in Uk.I know house buying is.From having your offer accepted you can be in in 3 week.So simple.

Russfamily
      if your husbands job is in north adelaide why dont u look to the weastern suburbs with 250k uk you will be able to snap up a house a street or two back from the beach with semaphore and largs on boom time with the development of the port it would be a good investment

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums