Contracts exchanged!!

simon@sarah

Whoop Whoop!!! Solicitor just rang...contractors have been exchanged on house!! So all thats left to do know is book the flights!!! OMG!!! Just gota pin the boys down and see which of them is coming, hopefully the pull of Oz is stronger than the pull of the GF!

Cant believe after 3years we are finally going..WICKED

S & S:)

Guest hughescl
Whoop Whoop!!! Solicitor just rang...contractors have been exchanged on house!! So all thats left to do know is book the flights!!! OMG!!! Just gota pin the boys down and see which of them is coming, hopefully the pull of Oz is stronger than the pull of the GF!

That's fab news!!!! good luck Claire :)

Hi

Obviously I don't know your circumstances, but when I saw that you were going to see which one of your boys will be coming, it gave me a heads up. One of our twin boys wants to stay in the UK, he's 19.5 years old. If the other boy is coming as he is part of your visa application, it would be worth getting him to come over if not just to get his passport stamped, if he was part of the application. That way he, catch the next flight back to England if he wants. He would then be able to live in Australia, NZ or of course Europe. That's got to be worth it hasn't it? Unfortunately, our other son wasn't inteested at all..8<(

Well that's how our visa works according to our agent. I apologise if your visa is set up differently.

Russell

Hi

Obviously I don't know your circumstances, but when I saw that you were going to see which one of your boys will be coming, it gave me a heads up. One of our twin boys wants to stay in the UK, he's 19.5 years old. If the other boy is coming as he is part of your visa application, it would be worth getting him to come over if not just to get his passport stamped, if he was part of the application. That way he, catch the next flight back to England if he wants. He would then be able to live in Australia, NZ or of course Europe. That's got to be worth it hasn't it? Unfortunately, our other son wasn't inteested at all..8<(

Well that's how our visa works according to our agent. I apologise if your visa is set up differently.

Russell

Hi Russell,

Not sure if this correct, but I thought you had to reside in Oz for 2 out of 5 years to become a permenent citizen..if you just validate your visa and then leave and dont return for some years I think you need a re-entry visa? Im sure someone on the site knows the correct system. our visa is a 176 skilled sponsored. BUT having said that im really hoping they all want to come. Its awful if they dont so you must feel pretty rough about it, but you never know he might change his mind.

Sarah:)

Many congratulations - you'll soon be there.

Hope we find a buyer soon - I'm having a crap day and feeling sooooo frustrated. I thought the whole Visa process was bad but I reckon house selling is far worse!

Thanks.

It is awful selling the house, we were really lucky and sold quickly, but I did think we wouldnt, it just takes one person and that person could walk through the door tomorow. Fingers crossed for you, sending positive vibes your way.:)

On our visa (163 Business), my son and daughter are classed as dependents. My agent states that as long as I (the main applicant) keep to the terms of my Visa; the dependents only have to have their passports stamped within twelve months to activate it. We then have nearly four years to complete two years business to enable us to get a permanent visa. But my son and daughter, and I guess wife can come and go as they please. But I'm assuming my family will be staying though !!... 8-). Your visa terms might be different.

I know this is correct because he spoke to the son that is coming with us and explained his options to him. Once we become permanent residents, we can then apply for a visa for our remaining son;

due to the fact that he would be stay under a 'last remaining sibling' visa (or something like that?).

Hi Russell,

Not sure if this correct, but I thought you had to reside in Oz for 2 out of 5 years to become a permenent citizen..if you just validate your visa and then leave and dont return for some years I think you need a re-entry visa? Im sure someone on the site knows the correct system. our visa is a 176 skilled sponsored. BUT having said that im really hoping they all want to come. Its awful if they dont so you must feel pretty rough about it, but you never know he might change his mind.

Sarah:)

Hi Sarah,

We have 175 independent, which gives us perm residency, and we checked this out too as my eldest originally didnt want to come and stay with us. The visa states that you have to validate by a specific date (usually around 12 months from your meds and police checks) then you can come and go as you like up to the date specified (ours states 2015 (which is approx 5 years after meds and police checks) with no return resident visa. Although if during those 5 years you have no real ties (work, bank accounts etc) it may be difficult to enter on this visa after this time - this is my very simplified version of how I think it works (for our visa that is), and I am sure there are many people on here who can clarify this.

If one of your children are not coming and they do hold a visa, they would definately be wise to validate and then they have few years or so to work out what they want to do for sure (thats what we were going to do, but she has now decided to come)

Citizenship is a completely different issue altogether from residency, you have to apply for this once you have been resident for at least 3 years I think?

Hope this helps,

Julie

Hi Sarah,

We have 175 independent, which gives us perm residency, and we checked this out too as my eldest originally didnt want to come and stay with us. The visa states that you have to validate by a specific date (usually around 12 months from your meds and police checks) then you can come and go as you like up to the date specified (ours states 2015 (which is approx 5 years after meds and police checks) with no return resident visa. Although if during those 5 years you have no real ties (work, bank accounts etc) it may be difficult to enter on this visa after this time - this is my very simplified version of how I think it works (for our visa that is), and I am sure there are many people on here who can clarify this.

If one of your children are not coming and they do hold a visa, they would definately be wise to validate and then they have few years or so to work out what they want to do for sure (thats what we were going to do, but she has now decided to come)

Citizenship is a completely different issue altogether from residency, you have to apply for this once you have been resident for at least 3 years I think?

Hope this helps,

Julie

Hi Julie

Thanks for that, hopefully our visa will be the same, will have to check it out..but am going to tell eldest two, to at least come and validate and see how it goes.

We are moving on 24th and will book flights this weekend for 31st August, cant go before then as got few commitments in UK so will be bit of waiting game, but at least will have time to sort out shipping etc...sooo much to think about at mo!

And OMG you will be on your way when we are moving!! Cant wait to here how you are getting on!

Sarah:D

Congratulations guys, we cant wait to we get to the exchange part but only 2 weeks in from offer accepted so a bit to go yet.

Have those butterflies started yet now its all so real ? :nah:

Hi Bacons!

It will happen quicker than you think..bit overwhelmed at mo, so much to sort, have lived in same house for 22years so alot to sort out,chuck out and give away!

Feeling very excited tonight, tomorrow may be different, like every one on here says..its def a roller coaster!

But WOW Oz here we come. And good luck on your sale.

S&S:D

Hi Sarah

Interesting how Visa's seem to vary, I'll double check with my agent when he gets back from vacation. Anyway, good luck with everything, I guess you're coming up to the worst part of doing what we all want to do. I'm working on the basis that 'life is the journey and not the destination'.

Where do you plan to live in SA, have you decided on an area as of yet?

Russell

Guest libbysmum

Congrats Sarah!, Anxiously waiting here for the ok on our house, had buyers mortgage valuation last friday, not heard anything since, there may be problem with our chimney breast (we removed it but didn't get building regs) but hopefully it won't hold things up too much. Can't wait to be in a position to exchange and can then set firm dates etc, oohhh soooo exciting!

Hi Sarah

Interesting how Visa's seem to vary, I'll double check with my agent when he gets back from vacation. Anyway, good luck with everything, I guess you're coming up to the worst part of doing what we all want to do. I'm working on the basis that 'life is the journey and not the destination'.

Where do you plan to live in SA, have you decided on an area as of yet?

Russell

Hi Russell

Yeah is a bit of a stressful time, but will be worth it im sure! We are very lucky and have some friends who emigrated 5yrs ago and they are renting us a house of theirs which is in Seaview Downs, is a massive relief having that sorted, they have just been such a help to us.

How about you?

Sarah

Congrats Sarah!, Anxiously waiting here for the ok on our house, had buyers mortgage valuation last friday, not heard anything since, there may be problem with our chimney breast (we removed it but didn't get building regs) but hopefully it won't hold things up too much. Can't wait to be in a position to exchange and can then set firm dates etc, oohhh soooo exciting!

Hi..it is sooooooooooooo exciting, we are going to book flights at weekend..reckon that is going to be the scary..1 way to Adelaide please1 Hahahahaha cant wait! In fact praps do it tonight!

Good luck with your contracts, im sure it will be alright, our buyers were stressing about the fact that our boiler wasnt regularly serviced but we never heard anything else and the contracts exchanged, rekon if they want your house somethings wont matter.

Sarah

Guest jaxndel

Congratulations to you all on your fantastic news. I hope all your sons go with you. I am so pleased for you. We are still waiting to sell our house then we will be on our way too xxx

:biglaugh:

Congratulations to you all on your fantastic news. I hope all your sons go with you. I am so pleased for you. We are still waiting to sell our house then we will be on our way too xxx

Thanks Jackie

How things with you? Any luck with that couple that were interested? bet your getting frustrated. x

Sarah

:)

• 1 month later...
Guest Deano1970

Hi all were in same boat booked one way flights in april once visa's were granted. put house on market may sold house 4 wks ago just waiting to exchange contract 26/08/11 shippers come 11/08/11 so just over 3 wks then move in with my parents for 6 wks