time scale for family sponsored 176

Guest dean berridge

Guest dean berridge

Hi All, I have another question from personal experience is what the agent telling me once visa submitted it will take 12-18 months to get my visa:shocked:I sthis about right or is that an outside questimate so that they are covering themselves?:policeman: Any info would be much appreciated as I my niece has been born in Oz and I don't want to pay for the holiday if I might be out there with in the year.:biglaugh:

Guest tilly

we are applying for the same thing. lodged on the 6th of this month so if you find anything out could you share it please! i'd love to know myself. our agent said about 18 months to 2 years to start with and that was including 6 months for vetassess. we got the vetassess 2 months later and since then he's told us about 15 months but really dont know! especially as everyone seems to be in agreement that the 176 is flying through at the minute! have you lodged yet or still waiting? because we were told it must be in asap to get family sponsored.

Guest dean berridge

Hi Tilly, it was lodged yesterday and money has been exchanged. So woo hoo beat the July deadline, still in shock how quick it has all took. Do you know if they assess by points scored? Told my kids it could be 3 months or could be 2 years before we hear anything. Just going to start my mother-in-law now as she's going under the parents visa. We are all really excited house is up for sale hopefully next month ready for us to move in my dads. So fingers crossed we both hear something quickily.:D

Guest tilly

did you lodge online? ours was paper, we couriered it over to them, still not had any money go out for it though. think hubby is gonna ring up on monday (their monday) to see whats going on if we haven't heard anything, he's as impatient as me these days lol!

really dont know how it all works at all - theres people on here that have lodged at the same time and one got the visa months ago the other is still waiting...it doesnt seem to have a system as such just when they get to it lol! we've told ours its likely we will have our last christmas in the uk this year from what we've been told, so we are making a big deal out of it and the kids have been told they wont get much for xmas this year but first, possibly second in oz (ie as soon as we can afford it) we will have a massive xmas with as many presents as we can buy!!! dont have a house to sell, we decided a few years ago that we were better off to stay in rented than to buy this way we just have to give a months notice!

hope you hear something soon. soon as you do you'll have to let us know!

by the way are you on the fb mens group yet? its my hubby that started it. good way of getting to know people in the same boat and all that sort of thing :)

Guest dean berridge

Hi Tilly, fb? bit of a novice on the site:goofy: That will be a big relief for you not to have to worry about a house, luckily we can sell ours and move into my dads and he will move down to his partner in Stafford. Our move is going to be awkward as my mother-in-law is getting a visa too. It'll be like a military operation.

Didn't realise how much storage costs are:arghh: been quoted £200 a month:huh:I think I will be using my charm and store it anywhere and everywhere. My kids are of mixed feelings about the move the twins (8) would go tomorrow and my daughter(12) doesn't want to sell the house yet, but really wants to go Oz.

Have you been to Oz? We went in 2009 Seaford and absolutely loved it. Family have had new house built in Victor Harbour really nice there.

How are your family taking the decision? My dads packing my bags but my mum has gone really off with me, hardly coming around to see the kids , the silent treatment etc.

By the way did our electronically or should I say our agent did. was going to do it myself but chickened out.:embarrassed:Kept saying I'll do it tomorrow etc.

Anyway essay over if you could let me know about fb that would be great.:

Hope your applications sorted.

Dean (37) Joanne (35) Chloe(12) Callum & Ben (8)

Guest tilly

fb as in facebook. sorry to used to speaking to people on there! we aren't doing the whole storage thing. only taking a few things over with us, things we couldn't bear to leave behind but all the furniture and that is going up in a house sale just before we go!

with the kids my 8 year old is a bit bothered about leaving her friends, although we moved house recently and shes been fine about that, just misses her old friends, e mail addresses are great though, means they can still chat :) the other 2 have grown up knowing we were going to go and can't wait. my 4 year old keeps telling us she's going to run in gold and green - and my son loves all his sports so he should fit in perfectly lol!

my family is pretty small to be honest, i only have my nanna - who supports the decision whole heartedly even f she will miss us, and my dad and step mum who again support us whole heartedly - think they are looking forward to cheap holidays! my friends are the ones that bother me, coz they are my family by choice as i like to say! dreading leaving them but i think 2 of them will eventually move out there too :)

still not heard anything about ours. i'm dreading medicals, went and had a blood pressure check the other day and it was really high, just went again and its still up! ned to make sure it comes down so that doesn't get referred!! to be honest it could just be the stress of all this - all the uncertainty is making me crazy!!!

Guest tilly

oh and not been to oz myself, hubby went for the rugby world cup in 2003 and loved it, although he never went to adelaide, his parents are out there, they had never been to adelaide but that was where they could get in so went for it and have never looked back! they started in seaford and loved it. doesnt appeal to us though to be honest, we like the look of marino and henley beach. not really sure where we are going to end up yet though. in laws are currently in hackham which they seem to like but we dont! lol always the way isn't it!

Guest tilly

got confirmation today that our visa application has been processed and money has now been taken. :D they are also saying we should have a CO within the next 28 days but not holding my breath! you heard anything else yet?

Guest dean berridge

Hi Tilly, Really happy you got the visa lodged,heard nothing as of yet had, a bit of mither this week as my family visa had not been received by my agent from sister in law had major panic on but got sorted quickly.

Bloody mother in law is doing a Mavice on us "well I don't really know! Its a lot of money to pay out" (parent visa) yet yesterday she was 100% on going and then by tea time changed her mind (has been listening to people) Hopefully it will all come good:)

My family 176 took 9 months from lodgement to approval but this was back in 2008.

Online is usually approved quicker than paper applications as far as I'm aware.

I think 12 months is a fair estimate at the moment from what I've read on other forums. Some people have to wait 18-24 months though!!! There's just no knowing.

Good luck to both of you anyway.

Guest tilly
Hi Tilly, Really happy you got the visa lodged,heard nothing as of yet had, a bit of mither this week as my family visa had not been received by my agent from sister in law had major panic on but got sorted quickly.

Bloody mother in law is doing a Mavice on us "well I don't really know! Its a lot of money to pay out" (parent visa) yet yesterday she was 100% on going and then by tea time changed her mind (has been listening to people) Hopefully it will all come good:)

lol its always the way isn't it! just when you think things are sorted someone pulls the rug from under you lol! sure it'll all get sorted in the end and you'll look back and think why was i panicking so much!

Guest tilly
My family 176 took 9 months from lodgement to approval but this was back in 2008.

Online is usually approved quicker than paper applications as far as I'm aware.

I think 12 months is a fair estimate at the moment from what I've read on other forums. Some people have to wait 18-24 months though!!! There's just no knowing.

Good luck to both of you anyway.

thank you! know what you mean about the visa times, i've read everything from 6 months to 24 months over the past 3 days! it keeps changing and one minute you think you have found something and go somewhere else and it tells you a lot longer! think the only way to find out is to wait til you get the visa at the minute!!! DIAC are saying 18-24months on their site so i'm going with that at the minute. :)

Guest dean berridge
lol its always the way isn't it! just when you think things are sorted someone pulls the rug from under you lol! sure it'll all get sorted in the end and you'll look back and think why was i panicking so much!

Don't get me wrong I'm not panicing, i'm praying she doesn't:biglaugh:

Guest Opportunities

Tilly & Dean,

When we first visited Oz Sept.2010, we came back and literally started the process from scratch...!!! We spoke to the children and told them what we were planning, but not to worry as it generally takes 15-18 months. While we were busing sorting the TRA, the IELTS Exam and obtaining State Sponsorship from South Australia, it was very quiet, no big fuss, but when we eventually lodged the actual VISA APPLICATION ON THE 14th of April 2011, the children knew that was the day to start the count-off for the waiting period of 15-18 months...!!!

Therefore, imagine our surprise, 28 DAYS LATER, on the 12th of May 2011, when our Visa 176 was granted! Although we were planning our lives around the 15-18 months timeframe, it was great when we got the news! We received so much favour and so many prayers were answered!

Good luck to all still waiting! I suppose every case is different, but never loose hope, as we just pushed forward all the way. Our patience was not even stretched to any limits when compared to some on this forum.

Karen

x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dean berridge

Well done with your visa, just put house on the market. I'm just hoping that we don't sell the house get everything into storage and then a problem arises with something and we get declined!!!!!!!!!! I know I'm great fun at parties! I will just keep singing the Monty Python song:) Just a question what happens when you get assigned a case officer, do they make sure everything is in order?