IELTS Query

Guest DerbyUKtoAdelaide

Guest DerbyUKtoAdelaide

Hi all

Does anyone know what percentage is needed to get level 7 and 8 for IELTS test?

I am applying for a 176 Visa. For state sponsorship, to meet the new points score after 1 July I need level 7, if i don't manage to lodge my application with DIAC before I turn 40 (losing points) I need to get a level 8!

My exam is booked for 30th July.:jiggy:

Jenny

Guest helene73
Hi all

Does anyone know what percentage is needed to get level 7 and 8 for IELTS test?

I am applying for a 176 Visa. For state sponsorship, to meet the new points score after 1 July I need level 7, if i don't manage to lodge my application with DIAC before I turn 40 (losing points) I need to get a level 8!

My exam is booked for 30th July.:jiggy:

Jenny

Hi Jenny where are you taking it? I am doing mine on the same date in York :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Guest Adelaide_bound

If you go to http://www.canadavisa.com/ielts/free-practice-tests.html you can take the reading and listening and get them marked - I can't remember if it tells you the band as well, but I always got a couple wrong on all the practise tests I did, so I assume I got a couple wrong in the real thing, and got 9's in all but writing (8.5), so there's some play there - as long as you practise to get used to the format, you really shouldn't struggle (I did the academic as well, which is meant to be a bit more tricky apparently, tricky in that it tricks you, rather than harder if that makes sense...)

also can try http://www.ielts-exam.net/ and there is a really good thread on Poms in Oz (possibly called IELTS Help! - search for IELTS anyways), where an examiner gives feedback on a writing example.

Just practise a couple of times, you will be fine :)

Guest shellymc

Hiya Helene

Ive got my IELTS test booked for the 30th July too, my bottle as gone already LOL. I know we are hairdressers and talk a load of rubbish some times but I start talking S@*t when I'm nervous. Hope you are well.

Shelly x

Hi Jenny where are you taking it? I am doing mine on the same date in York :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Guest dean berridge

Hi All

I've been lucky and haven't had to my ielts, but when I thought I had to I got the official Oxford ielts revision books from the local library and they were really good and I was scoring 95-100% by the end of them, in the reading and listening. They also give you example of the writing. Try them out.;) and good luck.

Ps well done Adelaide-bound SMARTY PANTS!! lol.

Guest ozfish

:goofy:Hi, I'm taking my ielts in leeds on 16th july...trying to practice as much as i can but am worried about the writing...

i'm a midwife and thought i was reasonabliy academic but the reading and writing leaves me confused..how much detail etc to include...

its true that they are tricky!!!:arghh:

Hi All

I've been lucky and haven't had to my ielts, but when I thought I had to I got the official Oxford ielts revision books from the local library and they were really good and I was scoring 95-100% by the end of them, in the reading and listening. They also give you example of the writing. Try them out.;) and good luck.

Ps well done Adelaide-bound SMARTY PANTS!! lol.

Guest helene73
:goofy:Hi, I'm taking my ielts in leeds on 16th july...trying to practice as much as i can but am worried about the writing...

i'm a midwife and thought i was reasonabliy academic but the reading and writing leaves me confused..how much detail etc to include...

its true that they are tricky!!!:arghh:

The book I have gives tips

Eg receiving a present from a friend in Canada, (informal)

Thank for what you Received (make present up)

How you felt receiving it

What you will use it for

Then just bulk it up it your allocated time

For the essay read carefully and answer the question putting in a clear argument for and against.

Or why and resolutions and conclude it, that's what the book says lol

Good luck to all :)