Parent visa timescale

Guest dean berridge

Guest dean berridge

Hi All me again, has anybody or know of anybody who has gone through the contributing parent route you know the one you have to pay 37k:eek:As we are going through the 176 family and my mother-in-law is going to start the above. I have asked my agent how long for hers and he sated about 15 months.:goofy: He told me mine would be 12-18 months but looking at the thread they are flying through them. I just don't want to be waiting to l;ong if ours is given.:sad:

Cheers

Dean

We were originally told 20 - 24 months when we applied early last year. We got the Visa (CPV143) in exactly 13 months - a record it seems! They are definately speeding up the process time again, probably because they haven't reached their quotas for the year!

Yes, we went through the contributory parent route, but although having Aussie permanent residence are back in the UK.

From your question it looks as if you are not in Australia as yet, and I think you will need to have permanent residence before your parent will qualify for this type of Visa, so it could take a long time.

It would be best if you check out the rules about being qualified as a parent to purchase a contributory visa.

Guest dean berridge
Yes, we went through the contributory parent route, but although having Aussie permanent residence are back in the UK.

From your question it looks as if you are not in Australia as yet, and I think you will need to have permanent residence before your parent will qualify for this type of Visa, so it could take a long time.

It would be best if you check out the rules about being qualified as a parent to purchase a contributory visa.

Hi Hayshake, I forgot to post that her other daughter is a permanent resident in Oz. Sorry

• 8 months later...
Guest genie1

Just starting the process for applying for the temp contributary parent visa 173. Has anyone on here recently applied and if so how long did the process take for visa to be granted? Also, what is the timescale between 1st instalement and second one? Trying to work out our budget !! Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.