Whale at West beach!

Bailey

Hi Everyone

Around 8.15am this morning whilst walking my dog on the beach at West Beach I saw a WHALE.... first I thought WOW thats a large dolphin..... within 10 mins there were quite a few people on the beach taking a look - locals told me that this was VERY RARE! it was surprisingly close to shore considereing the size of them....

Anyone else see it?

Cheers

WOW it is the season for the southern right whale but not heard them going that far up. Had them off Port Noarlunga too. We usually go down Victor Harbor way to watch them, not just yet but soon.

We got this footage last year

Have yet to see any locally walking on the beach.. maybe this year will be my chance

Guest WhatNow?

About 3 weeks ago there was a massive one 200 metres off Grange Esplanade. It stayed there playing around for over half an hour and we could clearly hear the sounds it was making - blowing and slapping its fins and tail on the surface. Magical!