Stab a burglar ?

Guest guest4504

Guest guest4504

In a way its about time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13957587

What are the laws in Australia ? Would this be seen as ' reasonable force ' ? How many agree that this would be ' OK '. For the record, yes I would without hesitation if someone broke into my home. Right, im off to sharpen the machete I use for chopping potatoes .

Guest Guest75

I'm all for using force if a person enters your house unlawfully.:policeman:

Once in my property I will do anything to remove or disable them.

They should not be there.

I'd rather have my family alive and safe and me in the clink than the unthinkable

My only problem is deciding which to use from my variety of weapons,from swift to painful.

That's the only thing I have to decide as I protect my family.

Geez,Ken Clarke looks old now!

Guest guest4504
I'm all for using force if a person enters your house unlawfully.:policeman:

Once in my property I will do anything to remove or disable them.

They should not be there.

I'd rather have my family alive and safe and me in the clink than the unthinkable

My only problem is deciding which to use from my variety of weapons,from swift to painful.

That's the only thing I have to decide as I protect my family.

Geez,Ken Clarke looks old now!

Hi Tyke. From your avatar ( holding a gun to own head ) I doubt that you wouldnt do anything else but swift and pain :biglaugh: .

Guest Guest75
Hi Tyke. From your avatar ( holding a gun to own head ) I doubt that you wouldnt do anything else but swift and pain :biglaugh: .

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

That's Chppoer (Mark Brandon Chopper Reid)

A bit of a legend over here.

The pic is from the film,Eric Bana played him brilliantly.

A must watch film.

The scene where his pops out his "thingy" at the bar is hilarious.

http://www.moviecritic.com.au/chopper-film-movie-review/

He was taking more scum off the streets than the cops in his heyday!

I've been brought up on a farm,everything is classified as food,pet or vermin ;)

Yep- drop em' and ask questions later.

A lot more fire arms over here. I've seen arsenals erm.......... gun collections in some of my friends farms.

Guest guest4504

" Yep- drop em' and ask questions later. " Nicely phrased.

I like my ' Kitchen utensils ', machete for chopping potatoes and a short handle axe for those stubborn sweed or turnips.

But there will be the do-gooders who will say its against their human rights, However you are correct they would have to be breaking in ' unlawfully '.

Guest Guest75
" Yep- drop em' and ask questions later. " Nicely phrased.

I like my ' Kitchen utensils ', machete for chopping potatoes and a short handle axe for those stubborn sweed or turnips.

But there will be the do-gooders who will say its against their human rights, However you are correct they would have to be breaking in ' unlawfully '.

Legs first I reckon. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

It's amazing what can be turned into a weapon,it's just up to the limit of your imagination.

I grew up in a pretty rough environment,even seen a fluorescent tube used.

I did kind of grow up when I started to see "weaponry" used is disagreements in pubs.

Our local boozer here has a great atmosphere at times.Can be a bit daunting to the uninitiated. Often a couple of blokes will have a ruck. They are left to it ,it's over in minutes.Ya get thumped - ya stay down.

We have had to step in when things turn into weapons though.

I can't tell you it's the Aussie Inn :biglaugh:

We go in every other Thursday in the front bar (Tap Room)

Guest Adelaide_bound

Does it even need saying, that if someone comes into your home completely uninvited, you should legally be entitled to do whatever you have to/can do to stop them being in your house uninvited? Absolutely crazy though that *you* get prosecuted for just trying to not die or have your family injured/killed. :arghh:

(PS. not thinking for one moment I am one of those you are waiting for to speak up, deus lol)

Guest guest4504
Does it even need saying, that if someone comes into your home completely uninvited, you should legally be entitled to do whatever you have to/can do to stop them being in your house uninvited? Absolutely crazy though that *you* get prosecuted for just trying to not die or have your family injured/killed. :arghh:

(PS. not thinking for one moment I am one of those you are waiting for to speak up, dues lol)

Fair point you made and thanks for post. The one or two that I am wondering if they pop in on this are the ones I could imagine Armageddon for the intruder :biglaugh: . I will point it out if they do post. Certainly one anyway ;)

Guest Adelaide_bound
Fair point you made and thanks for post. The one or two that I am wondering if they pop in on this are the ones I could imagine Armageddon for the intruder :biglaugh: . I will point it out if they do post. Certainly one anyway ;)

lol - and massive apologies for spelling your name wrong - sorry, too fast typing! :embarrassed:

Guest Guest75
To stay on the right side of the law you have to be able to proove you used minimum force and only what was neceserry :idea:

If the intruder ends up dead then i guess they just have to take your word for it though :jiggy:

I'd still be quite happy for them to question the intruder :biglaugh:

Huge Maglite torch off the head is good. "I heard a noise officer, grabbed my torch to investigate, startled me when i heard him, turned round and the torch accidently hit him in the head as i turned. No i did not swing at him intentionally, i don't know how he fractured his skull, but it is a heavy torch".

Guest Guest75
Huge Maglite torch off the head is good. "I heard a noise officer, grabbed my torch to investigate, startled me when i heard him, turned round and the torch accidently hit him in the head as i turned. No i did not swing at him intentionally, i don't know how he fractured his skull, but it is a heavy torch".

Nowt worse than a clumsy burglar!!:biglaugh:

Guest moviemummy
Anyone watch "Dexter"??? (one of my fave shows)

I have the boat.........................;);)

Al and I have plenty of plastic sheeting left over from the packing!!!! LOL. ;)

L x

Guest karyn1

The law here is rediculous!! Personally, if someone breaks into my home with the intent of stealing and/or harming me or my family to get what they are after, then I would take every step possible to remove them or if must be stop them. If that means grabbing a kitchen knife - thinking of my children lying in bed and a chance they could be in any way harmed, then yes - I would fight till the last breath left my body.