1 week in

Guest hughescl

Guest hughescl

Hi everyone

We arrived in Adelaide 1 week today and can't believe how quickly the week has passed, we are currently staying in Tamara's Christies Cottage and I would highly recommend this property to anyone, the service has been excellent. We have done so much over the last 7 days, done all the necessary paperwork, school enrolments and even secured a long term rental in Aldinga Beach so looking forward to getting settled in the next few weeks. If anyone in Aldinga is up for a coffee, wine or a beer it would be great to meet you. Claire :)

Guest moviemummy
Hi everyone

We arrived in Adelaide 1 week today and can't believe how quickly the week has passed, we are currently staying in Tamara's Christies Cottage and I would highly recommend this property to anyone, the service has been excellent. We have done so much over the last 7 days, done all the necessary paperwork, school enrolments and even secured a long term rental in Aldinga Beach so looking forward to getting settled in the next few weeks. If anyone in Aldinga is up for a coffee, wine or a beer it would be great to meet you. Claire :)

Hi Claire

Sounds like it is all going really well. All down to your good planning no doubt! We'll arive 18/08/11. You'll be native by then...he he.

We can't wait, but are a bit nervous too. That's normal, RIGHT????

L x :goofy:

Guest hughescl
Hi Claire

Sounds like it is all going really well. All down to your good planning no doubt! We'll arive 18/08/11. You'll be native by then...he he.

We can't wait, but are a bit nervous too. That's normal, RIGHT????

L x :goofy:

Hi yes all normal, even when we arrived I thought OMG what have I done. After a decent sleep and a drive around everything was fine and things started slotting into place. Good luck and enjoy your time in the UK it goes so quickly. Let me know when you arrive and how you are getting on, if you need anything when you arrive send me a message Claire x :)

Guest martin495
Hi everyone

Hi met you briefly at the meet the other day just wanted to wish you good luck.

perhaps see you at the next one?

Martin and Dawn

Guest leemina

Hi

We're stopping at Tamara's christies cottage in six weeks time, cant wait. Can I ask you had you been to SA before therefore having an idea where you wanted to obtain a long term let? We've never been, so plannning on taking time to drive around different areas and get a 'feel' for places. x

Hi Claire..good to read your update..sounds like you have had a positive 1st week! will be us in about 8 weeks and im really starting to panic!!

Have shipping companies coming round this week for quotes, have booked leaving party and got my eyes lasered last week..would be great to chill for a week, but i bet the minute we are off the plane i will want to get stuff sorted like you!!

Keep us updated and enjoy the start of the rest of your new lives!!

Sarah

xx:)

Guest The Standalofts

Hi Claire - glad to hear you have had a good first week. We don't come out until february but I am really look forward to hearing how folks handle the move.

Good luck with everything.

Lesley

Guest hughescl
Hi met you briefly at the meet the other day just wanted to wish you good luck.

perhaps see you at the next one?

Martin and Dawn

Hi both it was good to meet you, yes we will definatley come to the next one it's realy good to meet with people in the same situation and also gain experiences from those that have been there a while. Thanks Claire and Paul

Guest hughescl
Good to know all is going good for you on your arrival to Adelaide, all the best in the coming weeks,

hopefully will not be too far behind you roll on August

Thanks good luck with your house sale Claire :)

Guest hughescl
Hi

We're stopping at Tamara's christies cottage in six weeks time, cant wait. Can I ask you had you been to SA before therefore having an idea where you wanted to obtain a long term let? We've never been, so plannning on taking time to drive around different areas and get a 'feel' for places. x

Hi

No we had never been, before arriving we researched a few areas and then decided to narrow our search to 3 as we wanted to try and settle somewhere ASAP, after staying so close to the beach at Tamara's we decided that we wanted to live near the sea, we drove around and just decided that we loved Aldinga plus it's the most affordable beach side location, we then looked at the schools in the area and that was then the deciding factor as both sons liked the schools in Willunga. It's a bit further out than the other suburbs but we were communiting up to 2 hours in the UK, and with Paul being a carpenter his work could be anywhere. Good luck with your move Claire x

Guest hughescl
Hi Claire..good to read your update..sounds like you have had a positive 1st week! will be us in about 8 weeks and im really starting to panic!!

Have shipping companies coming round this week for quotes, have booked leaving party and got my eyes lasered last week..would be great to chill for a week, but i bet the minute we are off the plane i will want to get stuff sorted like you!!

Keep us updated and enjoy the start of the rest of your new lives!!

Sarah

xx:)

Thanks Sarah, yes it's so hard not to try and sort everything I like to be organised lol we have only had 1 day off so far but hoping to chill next week now that we have a house and school sorted, which were my main concerns. Good luck and enjoy the time left in the UK Claire x:)