Forum upgrade

Admin

The forum will be offline tomorrow from around 07:00 - 12:00 Adelaide time.

We're upgrading the forum software from version3 to version4. Everything will still work pretty much the same as now, but there'll be some new features such as blogs, articles, business directory, facebook integration for registration/login and liking/sharing threads posts etc. New chat software, various other improvements as well. The forum will look a little different after the upgrade as the current template/colour scheme we use will no longer be compatible with the new version.

Apologies in advance for the downtime. Once the main part of the update is done, I'll fetch the forum back online then continue to work on the parts that can be done while the site is live.

Rob

Guest smit

Technically it may be better,( i wouldnt know) but visually IMO its a step backward very bland........will probably be able to fit more advertising somewhere.......but hey I dont come on too often, this will probably make it less..........

Technically it may be better,( i wouldnt know) but visually IMO its a step backward very bland........will probably be able to fit more advertising somewhere.......but hey I dont come on too often, this will probably make it less..........

Nothing at all to do with advertising. Vbulletin3 had reached 'end of life' and was no longer officially supported, hence the need to upgrade to vbulletin version 4. The fact is that vbulletin 3 templates don't work with vbulletin4, hence the need to purchase/install a new template. At the moment, the choice of templates for vb4 is limited due to the increased difficulty in developing them and the relatively short (when compared to vb3) period of time version 4 has been on the market.

I'm liking this a lot :D

(Pssst is there still a 5 image limit in this whereby we can only include 5 smilies in a post, meaning if you quote someone using 4 you either have to edit theirs out or only use one of your own. Minor minor thing, but thought I'd see if its a possible)

O one way to test. And did so and it told me

The following errors occurred with your submissionYou have included a total of 7 images and/or videos in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 4. Please correct the problem and then continue again. Images include use of smilies, the BB code tag, and HTML tags. Videos are included with the BB code tag. The use of these is all subject to them being enabled by the administrator.

:unsure:

I'm liking this a lot :D

(Pssst is there still a 5 image limit in this whereby we can only include 5 smilies in a post, meaning if you quote someone using 4 you either have to edit theirs out or only use one of your own. Minor minor thing, but thought I'd see if its a possible)

O one way to test. And did so and it told me

The following errors occurred with your submissionYou have included a total of 7 images and/or videos in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 4. Please correct the problem and then continue again. Images include use of smilies, the BB code tag, and HTML tags. Videos are included with the BB code tag. The use of these is all subject to them being enabled by the administrator.

:unsure:

Just upped it to 10 images

Guest SusieOR

My initial reaction is... urgh... where is everything & I dont like the look... but... actually i'm sure that once I get used to it, it'll be much better... cheers Sx

My initial reaction is... urgh... where is everything & I dont like the look... but... actually i'm sure that once I get used to it, it'll be much better... cheers Sx

That is the usual reaction to any forum upgrades anywhere :huh:

O this is a bit buggy. If I put in a smilie and then hit the enter key the cursor jumps to the top of the page again. Weird. Or is that the autosave thing kicking in and keeping things where they were.

Anyways, back to post reply. I actually think its looks very similar to what went before, just the colour scheme change is the big thing to the eye. Much of the layout and style is the same with a few minor changes and stuff.

I love forum changes and new looks. But then I post I don't know how many and they are all different.