stranger danger warning Mclaren flat, mclaren vale and willunga schools!!!

Guest guest3462

Guest guest3462

An urgent message to parents of children at school in Mclaren flat primary, Mclaren vale primary, willunga primary and willunga high schools. There have been several incidents of students reporting a suspicious looking man lurking around the school gates of these schools. He is white and in his 40's was wearing shorts and hiking boots and driving a white sedan 1980's car. Yesterday afternoon at willunga high he is reported to have approached a girl who said there was someone partially hidden under a blanket in the back seat of his car.

I know its school hols after today but please make your kids aware of the dangers and tslk to them about a safety plan. My little one has a plan in place and is fully aware of stranger danger, though she is only 5 and i'm sure could be persuaded if they persisted. She also went missing from her classroom last week for a period so I am very worried, so much so I almost didn't send her this morning.

my son was stopped by a man and lady in a white car last weekend in Morphett Vale..they drove past him while he was riding his bike and then reversed upto him. My son is 10 and yelled at them to leave him alone (didnt give them chance to say anything) and rode away! May have been innocent but i mentioned it to the police just incase! Glad i did now!

Thanks Julia for highlighting this. I'm not that far away in Seaford Rise and Alicia is often out and about on her bike. Will re-enforce to her the need to be aware and safety.Thanks again Emma.

Guest moonraker1959

Lets hope there is a good logical reason for this persons actions.Although in this day and age people should know better than be hanging around schools.On the plus side,he/they have been spotted so hopefully there will be media coverage,and they will give up.I truly dislike these situations,been in similar situations like that a few times when my daughter was small and it really does make you worry sick.

I think it's great that this has been posted and I think it highlights the need for us to keep reminding our kids of how to keep safe.Without wishing to panic anyone, I get a fair few emails warning of 'stranger danger' near schools and I think it would, unfortunately, be naive to believe that it happens rarely. My understanding is that these attempts are all too frequent and that people need to be alert all the time - near schools, playgrounds, toilets etc. That said, I think an occasional reminder such as this one, will help keep from becoming complacent...as if that were possible!LC

Guest guest3462

I hear that a young girl was assaulted in Willunga today. I don't know any other details but we should all be extra vigilant with our kids until this person is caught. I don't know if it is a related incident to the original post or not so please do not shoot me down for putting them together, just making it known. Thank goodness for school hols! I hope this girl is ok.

Mclaren Vale Primary was the target of a robbery last Tuesday during school hours. Approx 16/17 items where taken including teachers purses & handbags. It happened while there was a school assembly. No one saw anything its scarey to think someone accessed the school during the daytime took things and no-one saw a thing.

All the kids backpacs where checked so they know it wasnt kids!