1 week in

Guest taunton

Guest taunton

Hi All

Just thought I'd give you an update as we are one week in since arriving in Adelaide...

Firstly, this is our 2nd time of migrating so things are very familar, so we haven't had the normal struggles that you get first time around....

Anyway, we arived on Sunday (3/7/11) to be meet by Tyke, as we are renting his short term rental, whilst we were chatting in kitchen area 7 little heads appeared from no where to say hello, follwed by 6 of our very closest friends, it was just amazing and very over whelming...The noise of the kida was just so loud and being a Sunday Morning the neighbours must of wandered what the hell had hit them...but what a great start to our returning journey...

Our girls have completed 3 days at school and have had a ball prior to 2 weeks hoilday, Our eldest attended the same school before so she has lots of friends, our youngest is a little fed up of all the kids in the class trying to be her friend as she wants to pick who she plays with, so the teacher has had to ask the kids to back off a bit, so funny..bit overal the first 3 days just amazing for both of them...#

We got fed up of looking at 2nd hand cars on Wednesday, can not believe how they hold there value here, so we have opted for a new car (again) we always said we would never ever ever buy a new car again, but by the time you pay for 2nd hand with all on road costs and stamp duty there was not much between new and old for what we wanted, so we pick car up on Wednesday...

Mike (hubby) went for 2 interviews on Friday in the city, the first one was with agency, they plenty of work for electricains, so he registered with them, the 2nd one was with a company who offered him position there and then, with vehicle and phone,, so Mike took it..we are really pleased....such a weight taken off of the whole process of emigrating....

I am enjoyinf shopping for stuff for new house (rental),,,,althogh we have only been away from OZ for 2.5 years I have noticed the prices have encreased quite a lot in some areas and have been generally quite shicked by the rice rises, but i'm sure oncw thew Ozzy wage comes in I won't notice it too much so to speak...

Anyway folks just a quick up date from the Coombes family - I would change my script but have no ideal how to do it since the site changed a cuple of days ago - will now doubt fugure it out soon...

Good luck to you all

Cheers wend :smile:

Hi All

Just thought I'd give you an update as we are one week in since arriving in Adelaide...

Firstly, this is our 2nd time of migrating so things are very familar, so we haven't had the normal struggles that you get first time around....

Anyway, we arived on Sunday (3/7/11) to be meet by Tyke, as we are renting his short term rental, whilst we were chatting in kitchen area 7 little heads appeared from no where to say hello, follwed by 6 of our very closest friends, it was just amazing and very over whelming...The noise of the kida was just so loud and being a Sunday Morning the neighbours must of wandered what the hell had hit them...but what a great start to our returning journey...

Our girls have completed 3 days at school and have had a ball prior to 2 weeks hoilday, Our eldest attended the same school before so she has lots of friends, our youngest is a little fed up of all the kids in the class trying to be her friend as she wants to pick who she plays with, so the teacher has had to ask the kids to back off a bit, so funny..bit overal the first 3 days just amazing for both of them...#

We got fed up of looking at 2nd hand cars on Wednesday, can not believe how they hold there value here, so we have opted for a new car (again) we always said we would never ever ever buy a new car again, but by the time you pay for 2nd hand with all on road costs and stamp duty there was not much between new and old for what we wanted, so we pick car up on Wednesday...

Mike (hubby) went for 2 interviews on Friday in the city, the first one was with agency, they plenty of work for electricains, so he registered with them, the 2nd one was with a company who offered him position there and then, with vehicle and phone,, so Mike took it..we are really pleased....such a weight taken off of the whole process of emigrating....

I am enjoyinf shopping for stuff for new house (rental),,,,althogh we have only been away from OZ for 2.5 years I have noticed the prices have encreased quite a lot in some areas and have been generally quite shicked by the rice rises, but i'm sure oncw thew Ozzy wage comes in I won't notice it too much so to speak...

Anyway folks just a quick up date from the Coombes family - I would change my script but have no ideal how to do it since the site changed a cuple of days ago - will now doubt fugure it out soon...

Good luck to you all

Hi Wendy,

We're almost in the same boat as you, although we were on a student visa when we returned to the UK in Jan 09. We applied for our visa just before we left Adelaide back in Nov 08 and finally got it after applying for State Sponsorship in Feb this year.

We arrive on the 4th of Aug and although we will be living with family for a couple of weeks in the North East, we will be looking to settle our roots on the South Coast somewhere.

Good to hear about your oh's experience on the job front. I've got an interview with an agent the day after we arrive, so will also hopefully have a job very quickly.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Regards

Riana

Guest The Standrings

Thanks for this post its really useful to hear about your experiences! Especially the fact that your OH has manged to secure a job! (Well done) My OH too is an electrician and is naturally worried about finding a job, so your post may help reasure him! Good luck and hope everything goes to plan1

Emma:smile:

Thanks - its good to know that it is possible to settle in quiet quickly. Positive attitude and looking forward seem to help. I know it is easy to keep comparing things with the UK but it is not always helpful. Hope weeks 2, 3, 4, 5............. go well for you too

Hi All

Good luck to you all

Hi Wendy, thanks for the very positive and useful post. Sounds like you and your family are settling in very well. We are moving out with our two children in November and heading for Seaford/Moana area. What school are your children attending? we are looking at Seaford Primary, Moana and Port Noarlunga but it is really hard without seeing them in the flesh.

My husband is also an electrician and it is really great to hear that there is plenty of work. Can I ask what agency your husband had his interview with as Rob is trying to get some work lined up before we arrive so it would be useful to have a contact. Also if your husband has any tips on who to contact with regards to companies then we would be really very grateful of any advise he can give.

Thanks again for the update

Nicki