Amywinehouse dead

ian mc

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mainds Family

Feel quite sad that such a talented young lady (well I'll use the term lady loosely here) has met such an ending at the tender age of 27......

such a waste !

Amy winehouse found dead in flat last night

Guest cornish Busdriver

What a total waste of great tallent.

Shame she couldnt hold it together, she could have done so much more.

One good thing to come out of it though it will show kids just what drugs will eventually do to them and hopefully put some off.

A sad end to another young talented Singer.I did'nt particularly like her lifestyle or lack of principles either,but her voice was superb IMO,and it does none of us any good to slander her in Death,let's not forget she too has family who loved her,as we all do.:err:

Guest lindaj

I agree with you Sue, this is not a subject to joke about, she was someones daughter, she made poor choices and paid the ultimate price, so glad all you perfect people out there have never made a bad decision. There but for the grace of God.........................Heaps Good, as a Moderator you should be above this. Sorry but some of the comments were in very poor taste.

Guest mark&rachel

Its a real shame as she did have choices, far more than many others due to fame and fortune yet still chose to flaunt a lifestyle of heroin and crack abuse. Not good and as many people have said she will be missed but should we be mourning her more than those that didnt have a choice..... ie Oslo.

Mark & Rachel - I don't think anyone 'chooses' to be a heroin addict. I doubt if in her teens Amy Winehouse was asked if she hoped to die at 27, her body ravaged by drug and alcohol addiction, she'd have said yes. I'm not saying she didn't make mistakes or the wrong choices, but addiction is a horrible disease that I don't think should be mocked.

Nor do I think it's a contest to mourn Amy Winehouse OR those who lost their lives in Norway. All those who passed had families and friends who love and will miss them. To suggest one should mourn certain individuals over others is a strange concept to me. Personally I feel sad that a young woman with real talent died at 27 and also that so many young people were killed brutally in such a peaceful country.

Sue, I agree - I wasn't a big Amy Winehouse fan nor an advocate for any kind of drug taking - but, please... a young talented woman died. She wasn't an evil person. She didn't hurt anyone but herself as far as I know.

I struggle to see some people's motivation in using that as subject matter for poor taste jokes.

Guest Nick11

Drug addiction is a mental illness...just like people who drink themselves to death, starve themselves to death or throw themselves off a bridge. A little more understanding wouldn't go amiss on here....there for the grace of god ours kids go!!!!!!

She is someone's child. Someone, people somewhere genuinely have reason to mourn her death, as a mother myself now I'll not forget that.

As others have said, addiction is a horrible thing. Its all to easy to sit and blame her for her problems but its not so simple as that. I hope people try to remember that when posting here.

I've known and lost friends to drug use at an early age. One of my friends, you'd never have thought he'd end up dead at 26, in a public toilet having choked on his own vomit when he OD'd. He was a lovely guy, with a solid family and people who loved him and tried to help. But his personality, his addiction, his weaknesses where others were able to be stronger, whatever it was it was greater than anything else and he simply wasn't able to stop.

Guest MADTOM

HG - how can you say "as a person no great loss" - did you know her personally? That is a truly awful thing to say of anyone!

Poor girl such a sad waste of talent, she had so much to live for. A young woman with mental health issues - addiction! As other posts say she was someones daughter. Addictive personalities are not something you "choose" lets hope that our son's or daughter's don't "choose" to get into drugs or alcohol and we find the same lack of sympathy at a time when what we need most is love, empathy and understanding.

*Donning mod hat for a sec*

Just would like to point out one thing regarding this thread. It's title makes it clear the topic is about Amy Winehouse having died.

What happened in Norway was terrible, tragic, words can't begin to describe it. I have my thoughts on the subject also. But this thread wasn't posted by the OP discussing those events, it was to discuss Amy Winehouse dying. Of course there is room for a bit of off topic so we'd expect drug use, peoples personal experiences, addiction issues and other relevant things to crop up within this thread.

Should anyone wish to start a thread to discuss the events in Norway they are more than able and welcome to. Perhaps those voicing such strong feelings about those sad events in this thread might find more use in a new thread rather than provoking others here and arguments then arising.

Thank you.

*Removes mod hat*

Because 'mods' never post off topic in a thread do they.....

Simply an opinion that was relevant to the discussion!

*In mod mode*

I fail to see how comparing one womans death at what will probably turn out to be by her own hand in some way to that of a gunman shooting masses of people is relavent. So, as I suggested if you feel so strongly about the events in Norway, please start a thread where people can contribute and not turn this one in to a slanging match over one persons death and many. Let's have some respect for the dead, if not Winehouse, then those that died in Norway.

With regard to the mods going off topic. Everyone does so from time to time. I won't say I never do because occasionally I do. But let's not make an argument of this here. Its really not where we need or want to go and I'd appreciate it you don't try to stick an oar in on moderation. Its not personal, its simply modding. Anything you wish to say regarding my moderating a thread or post, please send via PM :)

Righto, end of from me on this. I'd like to keep this about Amy Winehouse and as asked in my previous mod mode post, lets keep this topical and not a slanging match. End of.

Thanks

*mod mode off*

Guest Nick11
The 1st time anyone takes drugs and sticks needles in their arm....... its a choice....their choice.....they know the risks!!

Harsh words but thats my opinion!!!

The people in Oslo deserve more sympathy.....where was their so called 'choice???'

Isn't that the case though with anything. Stay too long in the sun..you can die of skin cancer....jump a red light and get killed by an on coming lorry...drive over the speed limit by a few kms and wrap your car round a tree.....would you show as little sympathy to relatives of these risk takers. After all they too knew the risks.

It looks like she now died of alcohol abuse...she died chocking on her own vomit......now how many of us on here can say we've never had one too many!!! The difference is we got away with it!!