Whales Port Noarlunga

DAVID.CHRISTINE

Guest cyprus2001

hi you say you saw whales beach side of the reef sorry little concerned does that mean that the large marine life as they call it has come through the reef that so they say helps keep large things out therefore classing port noarlunga as a swim safe beach, sorry sound like a right woos love dolphins and wales see them last year in WA however wary they beachside of reef.

Guest Guest75
hi you say you saw whales beach side of the reef sorry little concerned does that mean that the large marine life as they call it has come through the reef that so they say helps keep large things out therefore classing port noarlunga as a swim safe beach, sorry sound like a right woos love dolphins and wales see them last year in WA however wary they beachside of reef.

The reef is open at both ends,you can get a decent sized boat in,!!!!

Pics here........

tonyandtykespictures079.jpg

tonyandtykespictures081.jpg

Hi I saw them last Sunday morning as well. They were there for a good couple of hours as I took my kids back down to see them after I had been sat watching them for an hour. One of them came down as far as the surf club for ages. I got told that they also go up the Port Stanvac end to have their babies November time - have not seen them there yet.

On Saturday there were also dolphins down the Port Noarlunga end as well

Niki

If you want to see lots of whales travel over to the Head of the Bight near Nullabor. (About 3 hours west of Ceduna) They have a breeding ground for southern right whales, and often get a hundred! I was over there last week and saw about 50 whales and calves across the bay. The board in Ceduna said 65 the next day....they stay there for the whole "season, and if you go in July or August you are guaranteed to see whales. Some were only 100 metres from the viewing platform.

Guest Darkmoore

So a lot of day ive been going to port noarlunga jetty to see what i can see.

today was definately a bad idea - when i got there with my sister the wind was so bad it actually made my head hurt and it was so so cold - but still we decided to traipse down to the bottom of the jetty anyways as the sea was really rough and we thought we'd see how it looked on the reef.

Then i saw something in the water just past the reef - My sister saw it too. After 2 minutes of staring we saw it again - a seal bobbing up and down in the waves. And then - A shark :D A huge fin in the water behind the seal. And then we saw nothing more :(

But it was definately a shark. and its fin was huge. It wasnt far over the reef.

Guest jordanfamily

Hi all I was sat with my aussie friend on Snapper Point beach ( just down from Port Willunga) and we saw 2 whales go across the bay and we were amazed ...such a beautiful sight . Then a pod of dolphins were flipping fish up and having feeding frenzy just feet away from shore line. This was weekend before last and we both felt privileged to have witnessed these events....Beats Leeds on a summer's day any time lol

Yesterday afternoon at Port Noarlunga was saw a small group of whales ,they were having a good splash around ,didnt know they came

as far up as this anyone else see them

If they were driving a Commodore and spent most of their time eating apart from a quick paddle, yes I think I may have seen them. Not very nice to call them whales on a public forum though.... :wink: