Why are we going to Oz?

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Adelaide_bound

I don't think its hard to see which is the better, even if Australia is more expensive as people say - absolute scum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14450248

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16045926

(and the many many other stories about this that are ongoing).

May saying there will be consequences! What utter tosh - absolutely nothing will happen to them, and they know it, hence there is no reason for them not to be anti-social scum. This makes me just want to move all the quicker - I'm sure Australia has its bad points, but I just cannot tolerate living next to scum like this any longer :( I am ashamed to say I am British some days, this is one of them.

Guest loopylisa

I think they wanted an excuse to lash out at the police. But its more than that its not just the police per se its what they represent i.e the authority/power holders in this country. People have had enough and are lashing out. I'm not at all surprised this is happening and nor am I surprised its beginning to spread to Birmingham, I am however saddened. Its not nice to see this and I hope it settles down soon. Dont want this to be a lingering memory of my last weeks in the country I was born in.

Guest Angie12
I don't think its hard to see which is the better, even if Australia is more expensive as people say - absolute scum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14450248

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16045926

(and the many many other stories about this that are ongoing).

May saying there will be consequences! What utter tosh - absolutely nothing will happen to them, and they know it, hence there is no reason for them not to be anti-social scum. This makes me just want to move all the quicker - I'm sure Australia has its bad points, but I just cannot tolerate living next to scum like this any longer :( I am ashamed to say I am British some days, this is one of them.

Here Here , get us out there !!!!

All this in the newspapers is really worrying , but reassuring for us that we are making the right desicion, taking our children away

from this s**t !!!!:mad:

Guest Adelaide_bound
I think they wanted an excuse to lash out at the police.

I'm sorry, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with any of these so called reasons, its pure and simple thuggery and mob mentality - please do not try and rationalise or excuse the inexcusable and indefensible. If you want any explanations its because there are very few consequences to actions nowadays and we have taught a whole generation, if not two, that fact, and therefore they act in mob mentality - just watch the footage - that is not 'angry' people, or people fighting for a cause.

People's entire lives, - eg 5 generations of an independent furniture store burnt whilst people stood laughing - heartbreaking to hear the owners talking about - as just one example of the devastation to people's lives this has caused and for what? Some new trainers and 'a bit of fun'. It makes me want to sob and throw up in equal measure to be very honest with you, absolutely no excuse or explanation at all.

I'm sorry, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with any of these so called reasons, its pure and simple thuggery and mob mentality - please do not try and rationalise or excuse the inexcusable and indefensible. If you want any explanations its because there are very few consequences to actions nowadays and we have taught a whole generation, if not two, that fact, and therefore they act in mob mentality - just watch the footage - that is not 'angry' people, or people fighting for a cause.

People's entire lives, - eg 5 generations of an independent furniture store burnt whilst people stood laughing - heartbreaking to hear the owners talking about - as just one example of the devastation to people's lives this has caused and for what? Some new trainers and 'a bit of fun'. It makes me want to sob and throw up in equal measure to be very honest with you, absolutely no excuse or explanation at all.

Thank you, I couldn't find the word to express how I felt seeing it all on the news, but you've summed it up perfectly.

Guest Guest5035

why rubber and not real and also give them the right to use them...............oh sorry theres tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many doo gooders these days, no respect for people or the law, (in both countries)

stevo

why rubber and not real and also give them the right to use them...............oh sorry theres tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many doo gooders these days, no respect for people or the law, (in both countries)

stevo

Real would be better but will never happen.

Rubber is a massive deterrent, would not get them just standing in front of the police goading them.

If you spin them of the pavement they make them fly aswell !!!!!

Guest bishop3912

Youve summed it up pretty well IMHO. Shocking and saddening, feel for my family and friends that are all near it, now its also hit my home town of Romford tonight to. Stupid thugs!! Has made me in a very somber mood today though :sad:

Guest guest3462

Never have I been so glad to have a visa for Aus and be the hell away from the UK.

The terrifying images on the news have brought me to tears, I can only imagine what actual residents and their families must be going through. To think that our lovely (and I do still think it is) country has been hijacked by malicious thugs and the government seem to be almost powerless to stop it is enough to make anyone want to leave.

Where is the army? Bring in the infantry and have their tanks parade the streets, spray the rioting crowds with tear gas and water cannon. They will soon stop then. Will it take a death to enforce action? Who is safeguarding fire brigades and paramedics who have no choice but to don their gear and put out the fires and pick up the injured?

The recent poor decision making of David Camerons government to make severe cutbacks within the police forces is now surely to be questioned. And the leadership itself? Surely there must be some sort of comeback for this almost apocalyptic behaviour. He has to go. The country has been brought to its knees by a group of supposed grieving and aggrieved youths and this is not an acceptable way for a country to be managed.

It is a sad, sad day for a country that was once called "Great Britain" for good reason.

Anyone who sees any looting going on should get their camera phones, cameras, videos out and film these thugs. Get their faces on film and once things have calmed down, hunt them down like the animals they are and lock them away, throw away the key. Compare this lot to those poor kids gunned down by that madman in Norway. I am just so angry. How come only 200 people have been arrested? Give the police tazers and stun these hooligans where they stand.

Oh dear, this is turning me into my father!!

Guest Guest5035
Anyone who sees any looting going on should get their camera phones, cameras, videos out and film these thugs. Get their faces on film and once things have calmed down, hunt them down like the animals they are and lock them away, throw away the key. QUOTE]

but the problem is , that the doo gooders have turned the law against the police, as the PROOF has to be caught red handed, not in posession. if they are in a crowd that is looting how do they prove it, these bozos know that they cannot be touched.

stevo

Guest cornish Busdriver

Rubber bullets is a great idea.

Bugger the do gooders they aint the ones being affected, bugger the human rights these idiots has just lost theres.

Give the police all the ammo and info they need to do there jobs and stop tying there hands.