Rugby World Cup coming up - how popular is Rugby Union in Australia?

Guest nic lavidan

Guest nic lavidan

I see from various statistics that my favourite sport is not even in the top six most popular sports in Oz. Given that, I just wondered, as the start of the World Cup approaches, now popular is Rugby Union these days?

Yeah, what was said above. Union is played NSW and QLD mainly. Its amazing they turned out a cup winning team twice from such a small pool of players . Impressive stuff. Imagine if more of Aus got in on it.

You can see it on TV and that though. Just might need a pay per view or cable to do so.

Wikipedia has some info on TV screening and other stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_union_in_Australia

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Squareman

Ae there are any pubs that are going show the matches? I know that the Aberdeen pub on Pultney is a bit of a 'rugby' pub, but anyone know of any places in and around Glenelg that will show games?