Singapore, whats the food like??

Guest Guest6899

Guest Guest6899

Hi all, were not a family of good travellers expecially myself and my kids, we usually arrive after a long haul flight very green and sickly. The main problem is we are finiky eaters (thank god for McDonalds at Dubai ariport). weve looked at flying around to SA via the USA but too expensive and too many flights. its seems the easiest is two flights and a stop over at Singapore, we would like to stay at least a day before moving on. Has anybody been there, what is the food like?? were not a total fast food family but dont eat fishy things or anything freshly killed and cooked!! i dont want to sound totally uneducated but is there restaurants that we are used to here in blighty???

thanks

Guest loopylisa

Changi airport in singapore is one of the worlds best airports if you want you could book a hotel there and wouldnt even need to leave- but could still get 'fresh' air from the gardens and roof top pool. Plus HEEEEPS of resturants including a hard rock http://www.changiairport.com/shopping-and-dining/store-search?p_p_id=shopdinesearchresult_WAR_shopdinesearchresultportlet&type=dine&terminal=terminal-3&location=after-immigration&category=&shop=&search=

There are plenty of McDonalds, Burger King, KFC etc in Sinagapore, plus Starbucks etc. It's an international city so expect all the international chains. A couple of small differences with the McDonalds - you can get really nice (hot) chilli sauce with it and they are far more civilised than us, there is usually a washbasin in the restaurant for you to wash your hands after eating (rather than walk out with them smelling of burger and fries). Singapore is a great place, we've travelled there with small children and the people are very helpful and polite.

Guest m.jephcott

We have been on a couple of short stops in singapore and found it quite intresting. Like you we are not good travellers, I am probably the worse a mix of travel sickness and nerves. We have found McDonalds almost everywhere we have been including Singapore, so you will be fine. I think I read somewhere that some of the hotels do high teas, which sounds good to me although probably expensive.

Guest Guest6899

Thank you all, seems like we are sorted then, and i feel a lot less apprehensive than i did about staying there. Iv looked online and yes the airport looks very impressive, i wish i was one of those people who just slept all the way and im sure all the turbulence waits until were up in the skies!! suppose i could up my diazapam!! lol :goofy:

Lisa x

Guest SA Great
i dont want to sound totally uneducated but is there restaurants that we are used to here in blighty???

thanks

You mean chips with everything? Hmm probably not.

Hi all, were not a family of good travellers expecially myself and my kids, we usually arrive after a long haul flight very green and sickly. The main problem is we are finiky eaters (thank god for McDonalds at Dubai ariport). weve looked at flying around to SA via the USA but too expensive and too many flights. its seems the easiest is two flights and a stop over at Singapore, we would like to stay at least a day before moving on. Has anybody been there, what is the food like?? were not a total fast food family but dont eat fishy things or anything freshly killed and cooked!! i dont want to sound totally uneducated but is there restaurants that we are used to here in blighty???

thanks

You can eat anything you like around Clark Quay, American , chinese, indian,italian, irish pub food don't worry .

Guest Guest6899

Hi SA Great, no not really a huge chip person we do eat them but not with everything. I like lots of salads and son eats mainly toast. Hi jimmyskinner, thanks for the info, im sure we will find something, im quite looking forward to it now.