Positive Vibes

The Flinns

It's refreshing to read all the positive posts that the newly arrived migrants have been posting on here recently. It sure does make a change from the negative posts, which I would say are probably from trolls as many of them are their first posts.

I know that the move can be a stressful time for many of our PIA friends back in the UK who are readying themselves for the move and that the negative posts can put doubts in their minds, at a time when they should be getting exited about the move. It is, after all, supposed to be an exiting new chapter in their lives and the start of a wonderful adventure and the last thing these people need is to be reading posts full of bitterness and misinformation.

So to all you newly arrived, a big thank you for redressing the balance and here's wishing you all the very best as you join us on this wonderful adventure in the lucky country. :smile:

Howard.

Might also be the springtime effect... I mean who wouldn't like a place when the sun's shining and the trees are starting to bloom :)

There's always a glut of negative posts in winter.

Things are very seasonal on the forums. All the forums we run get a massive spike in visitor numbers every January/February when the UK is in the midst's of winter and it's cold/dark etc.

Oh yeh - birthday in summer again!!!! We were talking about this as a family the other day and the eldest wasn't impressed that his will be in the middle of Winter ....... LOL. it also then led onto whether your birthday should be a day after if born in UK - due to the time difference - and depending on what time you were born in the UK.

Guest loopylisa

Oh thats an interesting one as I was born at 6pm in the evening so it would make me a day after the day baby in oz... might ask Mr Loopys opinion

But my birth certificate defines the 'date' I was born. Dont think they would issue me a new one :P

Oh yeh - birthday in summer again!!!! We were talking about this as a family the other day and the eldest wasn't impressed that his will be in the middle of Winter ....... LOL. it also then led onto whether your birthday should be a day after if born in UK - due to the time difference - and depending on what time you were born in the UK.

I was born in Sydney in the early hours of the morning on 5th, and my parents still insisted on me waiting till 5th in the UK till I got my presents, rather than letting me have them on 4th!

It's only now that I'm back here that I don't mind waiting!!