Arrived Last Friday, busy, busy, busy since!!

Guest markandcate

Guest markandcate

Well we finally arrived in Adelaide last Friday morning, was greeted by my very excited sister and all our nephews and nieces!! We went straight to our holiday let on the beach front at Seaford, absolutely gorgeous house! Managed to stay awake all day then slept from half 8 til half 9 the next morning, killer staying awake at the time but worth it as think we got over the jet lag quicker!

Since then we have been spending time with our auzzie family and driving round lots! Been to a few open viewings on rentals and got some more viewings organised, think we like Flagstaff Hill and Hallett Cove best but 4 bed rentals aren't easy to find there!!

Still feels like we are on holiday at the moment but the hubby is due to start work soon so think it might seem real after that. We're all really enjoying it so far although still finding our feet.

If anyone fancies meeting up, let me know, think we will be coming to the next Sunday meet!!

Cate x

Guest Jane & Tony

Congrats!!! Nice to hear that you are settling in. Don't forget to change your location!! That will be one of the first things I do (lol) !

We are coming out at the end of October. Let us know how you get on. x

Guest Coleen&Darren

Hi Cate

Glad to hear all is going well, Us the Philpott Family arrived in Seaford on 6TH Sept 2011 and totally agree we been very busy too with form filling and registering etc etc

Darren (hubby) started work this week and kids starting school after the holidays

We are renting holiday rental one road away from the esplanade and have just secured a rental in Seaford Rise so all hapening very very quick after three years of waiting to get our visa`s

Would love a nag and coffee as they only thing I am missing at the moment is my fantastic friends back in the UK, Oh and I live with four males in the house too !!!!!!

Coleen :smile:

Hi Cate - congratulations to your family on the big move - I have been here for 8 weeks now and everything is still chaotic but I am loving it. I came here on my own (although I do have family here already). I have just moved to Hallett Cove this week in a houseshare but one of my cousins lives in Seaford Rise so I am over there frequently.

If you fancy meeting up at some point I am currently not working - getting ,my teaching registration is proving more difficult that I thought!

Let me know :) - the one thing I am really missing is my friends back home (I was living in Leicestershire)

Sheila

Hi Coleen, I have been here since 28th July and like you the thing I am missing most are my friends back in the UK. I am over at Seaford Rise quite a bit so if you fancy a chatter over coffee let me know, I am not yet working.

Sheila :smile:

Guest markandcate

Thanks everyone!! Sheila and Colleen, would love to meet for a chat n coffee, not really found my way around yet but would be happy to find u both!! Colleeen, how old are your boys??

Cate xxx

Guest Coleen&Darren

Hi Cate

My boys are 16,14,12 and driving me nuts !!!!!!!

The two younger boys start school after the holidays so dont start untill the 17th October (i must be stupid as I gave into them not starting earlier) they said they wanted alittle time to look round etc (yeah right!!!!!)

I am only 5mins away from Seaford shopping centre and am free next week if you fancy meeting up ?

We move into a new house in Seaford Rise hopefully at the end of next week

Coleen xxx

Guest markandcate

Hey Coleen,

next week sounds great, we're staying on Esplanade at the moment but I do know where Seaford shopping centre is now so I will pm you so we can sort something out! You sound like your organised, we've been viewing some houses but we need to be closer to the city so it gets quite expensive, but hopefully we will find something soon, although our furniture doesn't arrive for another few weeks!

My eldest is nearly 6 and hes driving us mad not being at school, he loves school and it does him good so hopefully as soon as we find a house I can get him into one, the sooner the better or I may go insane!

Cate xxx