Fundraising Trek for Charity!

Guest Lulujim

Hi All,

I told a fellow PIA member about my upcoming Trek - and she advised me to post on here about it incase anyone would be inetersted in helping me fundraise or donating. I'd hate to think that htere might be sponsors out there that I'm not making use of to help out this fab charity, so thought I'd write a quick post!

Next month (eek!) I am heading to Vietnam to trek for 10 days for ChildFund Australia.

This is a great charity that helps end the cycle of poverty through education. The funds raised from the trek will help build a pre-school in a Vietnamese village called Go Thau. The government have given the land, but the funds for the build and equipment needs to be provided through ChildFund Australia.

I have held various events to fundraise: a Movie Night, 2 x Psychic Reading Nights, a Cake Sale at school, selling Cadbury's chocolates and a Facebook Auction. I have had some help from friends too, but would love to raise as much as possible before I head off. Anyone who has done fundraising before will know just how much hardwork it is to raise the money!!

If you feel you are able to donate anything (even $10 will go a long way in Vietnam) or have any suggestions for me I'd love to hear about it.

http://www.everydayhero.com.au/alexis_hepworth

Many thanks,

Alexis

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lulujim

Thanks so much! Sorry for the delay in replying I have started a new job and then been training and fundraising where possible!

I wanted to do it for ages too Sue - and eventually the time was right. Keep wanting it and I'm sure it'll happen one day. Check out Inspired Adventures if you want anymore info too!

Thanks Jo - do you work for a charity? That's something I'd love to do :)