Any Barnsley FC fans in Adelaide?

Lil Bev

• 2 years later...
Are there any Barnsley fans out there in Adelaide? My husband is a HUGE Barnsley fan and is really missing his football banter! He has set up a group on facebook - Barnsley F.C. Australian Supporters Club if any other fans out there that want regular updates and a chat!

Hi Bev

Somehow found your post. I am Barnsley fan (from Wakefield), moving to Adelaide at the beginning of November. My other Barnsley supporting friends say there is a big Australian Barnsley Fan from Adelaide around somewhere who used to go alot of games when he lived in the UK. Not sure if your husband has bumped into him?

Anyway be good to get in touch with your husband when we get to Adelaide

Cheers

Dave

Hiya Dave

Not sure who the big Barnsley fan is, but my husband and friend are big fans! Get yourself onto Barnsley F.C. Australian Supporters Club on facebook. My husband made the page up when he got out here. We also met another lad from Barnsley on PIA who we're now great friends with. What are you guys going to be doing for work out here?

Bev

Hi Bev,

I still listen to Barnsley player every week.

Not a good start so far this season.

Been here for 3 and half years now.

Last time I was back in the tarn they had 2 away matches.

Not on face book, but will look out for any up dates on here

Hi Bev

I think I found it and posted a message - I assume the replies are from you and your husband. The Adelaide branch will soon be plus one, I will also get in touch with this guy my mates told me about.

My girlfriend is a Nurse and is hopeful of getting work very quickly. I work in HR so might take longer to get something. What about you guys? Are you both frum Tarn?

Hi Bev,

I still listen to Barnsley player every week.

Not a good start so far this season.

Been here for 3 and half years now.

Last time I was back in the tarn they had 2 away matches.

Not on face book, but will look out for any up dates on here

Hi Mez

Are you from Barnsley too?

Its not been a good start but I honestly think the squad we have is the best we have had for a while. I've been a couple of games this year and we were bad both times particularly Bournemouth away - shocking

Cheers

Dave

Hi Mez

Are you from Barnsley too?

Its not been a good start but I honestly think the squad we have is the best we have had for a while. I've been a couple of games this year and we were bad both times particularly Bournemouth away - shocking

CheersR

Dave

Yes Dave,

Born in Darfield - used to go to most of the matches before I came here.

I get the home programmes delivered every week and I still sit up to listen to Barnsley player every week. It was 8.5 hrs difference until last weekend now its 9.5hrs. So the kick off is now 00:30. Then it goes to 01:30 when the UK clocks go back.

No wonder the wife thinks i'm mad.

When do you get here?

Mez

Yes Dave,

Born in Darfield - used to go to most of the matches before I came here.

I get the home programmes delivered every week and I still sit up to listen to Barnsley player every week. It was 8.5 hrs difference until last weekend now its 9.5hrs. So the kick off is now 00:30. Then it goes to 01:30 when the UK clocks go back.

No wonder the wife thinks i'm mad.

When do you get here?

Mez

I get there 1st week in November. Do you ever get championship games on TV there or do you have to use the dodgy internet feeds?

I would be up for meeting up for a game

I'm on satanta and Barnsley are on against Weds and Ipswich.

I get there 1st week in November. Do you ever get championship games on TV there or do you have to use the dodgy internet feeds?

I would be up for meeting up for a game

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Bev

I think I found it and posted a message - I assume the replies are from you and your husband. The Adelaide branch will soon be plus one, I will also get in touch with this guy my mates told me about.

My girlfriend is a Nurse and is hopeful of getting work very quickly. I work in HR so might take longer to get something. What about you guys? Are you both frum Tarn?

Yeah that's us Dave! Our friend Alex is also on there, we met him on PIA. I'm a nurse too at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, your girlfriend should easily get work out here. If she has any questions just give me a shout. I'm originally from Thurnscoe and my husband is from Birdwell and works for SAPOL.

Yeah that's us Dave! Our friend Alex is also on there, we met him on PIA. I'm a nurse too at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, your girlfriend should easily get work out here. If she has any questions just give me a shout. I'm originally from Thurnscoe and my husband is from Birdwell and works for SAPOL.

Thanks Bev - yeah if its OK we will get in touch when we arrive in Adelaide. What type of nursing are you doing? How do you find the work in comparison to back home? I think she is hoping to get work at the Women & Childrens hospital.