Newbie sickness

Guest loopylisa

Guest loopylisa

Hi

Has anyone else been stung with a bout of bad health after they moved. Its getting beyond a joke now. I arrived off the plane with an ear infection and then was shortly after diagnosed with a bad kidney infection which after 3 trips to the doctors and two courses of antibiotics I think has finally cleared. Fast forward two days and I now have tonsillitis. Sorry for the rant it's just really frustrating when you want to be able to settle and enjoy the experience of emigrating and you have to spend so much time being ill. I am putting it down to new germs and moving stress and trying to ride it out the best I can. Is why I have been a bit quiet on here lately, just wanted to check in and let you all know I havent forgotten about you and I will be doing a one month check in very shortly.

Hoping you are all germ free :tongue:

Guest Helchops

Oh crap...

I'm always picking up bugs over here anyway...our daughter goes to a childminder, my partner is a school teacher and I'm a peri...we've no chance! Last year I had gastroenteritis ten times in five months...absolute hell I wouldn't wish on anybody!

Ive heard reports of people being very poorly from jetlag? (i.e. Throwing up, nausea, chills etc) Has anyone experienced this?

Guest gymnast11

Ahhhh what a shame hope you het better soon x start some vitamins will get you sorted x Michelle x

Hi

Has anyone else been stung with a bout of bad health after they moved. Its getting beyond a joke now. I arrived off the plane with an ear infection and then was shortly after diagnosed with a bad kidney infection which after 3 trips to the doctors and two courses of antibiotics I think has finally cleared. Fast forward two days and I now have tonsillitis. Sorry for the rant it's just really frustrating when you want to be able to settle and enjoy the experience of emigrating and you have to spend so much time being ill. I am putting it down to new germs and moving stress and trying to ride it out the best I can. Is why I have been a bit quiet on here lately, just wanted to check in and let you all know I havent forgotten about you and I will be doing a one month check in very shortly.

Hoping you are all germ free :tongue:

Funny I was just saying to my hubby I feel like poo at the mo ............ I arrived back in Adelaide on Saturday morning and was ok ish then and yesterday, but this arvo I'm wheezy, eyes and nose both running, feel like crap and I have a temperature. Mind you there were FOUR people sat by me on the plane who coughed all the way from KL to Adelaide so it's no bloody wonder I'm under the weather.

Guest Adelaide_bound

Echinacea on the plane and after landing, constant germ free hand rub stuff on the plane (basically everytime you touch anything, or especially anyone), top up your vits (lots of lovely fresh fruit and veg before and after flying) and plenty of sleep where possible. You can also try the vaseline around the nose trick, but imho thats more for hayfever (see below) than any germy type things, although others say not so.

I keep moving schools and Sept is not a fun time - new bugs your body isn't used to are a killer, but I was pretty good last year with the constant hand stuff and doses of Echinacea (even though I hate the hand stuff for lots of reasons) - kept my lot's bugs at bay and urgh was my class ill last year (there was a joke in the school that if you wanted a week off to come to my class and lick a child lol) . If you are sensitive to hayfever as well, take a teaspoon of local honey after you arrive everyday as well to limit that btw.

Guest Helchops
Echinacea on the plane and after landing, constant germ free hand rub stuff on the plane (basically everytime you touch anything, or especially anyone), top up your vits (lots of lovely fresh fruit and veg before and after flying) and plenty of sleep where possible. You can also try the vaseline around the nose trick, but imho thats more for hayfever (see below) than any germy type things, although others say not so.

I keep moving schools and Sept is not a fun time - new bugs your body isn't used to are a killer, but I was pretty good last year with the constant hand stuff and doses of Echinacea (even though I hate the hand stuff for lots of reasons) - kept my lot's bugs at bay and urgh was my class ill last year (there was a joke in the school that if you wanted a week off to come to my class and lick a child lol) . If you are sensitive to hayfever as well, take a teaspoon of local honey after you arrive everyday as well to limit that btw.

My god...we BOTH do the Echinacea and Handgel...

I teach piano, and have four students each night for an hour. Everytime I have to touch their fingers, or the keys in demonstration I have to sanitise my hands. The kids think I'm absolutely nuts. The one lad this week (he's 15) actually said, 'how dirty do you think I am'...:eek:

I think I may have ocd issues...

Guest Adelaide_bound
My god...we BOTH do the Echinacea and Handgel...

I teach piano, and have four students each night for an hour. Everytime I have to touch their fingers, or the keys in demonstration I have to sanitise my hands. The kids think I'm absolutely nuts. The one lad this week (he's 15) actually said, 'how dirty do you think I am'...:eek:

I think I may have ocd issues...

LOL, no you are just experienced at catching every germ going from the little germ factories that are children! lol The worst is small children sneezing (snottily) all over a book then handing it to you to look at their work. Urghhhhh. (I love children, honestly, but some of them really do the grossest things, and when they aren't your child, its different lol).

Guest Ryan T. Lion
Ive heard reports of people being very poorly from jetlag? (i.e. Throwing up, nausea, chills etc) Has anyone experienced this?

We found the jetlag was a mixed bag. My wife and eldest were both fine, whereas it hit me HARD.... which is confusing cos I'm a railway engineer who does LOTS of nightshifts - sleep patterns all over the place - y'know, sporadic nightshifts not patterned ones.

For 3-4 days after landing, I felt like the floor was moving - like I was on those moving walkways in the airport, taking huge strides everywhere. Felt green, off food one minute then starving the next - wasn't prepared for it at all.

It might have something to do with watching the entire "Kennedys" mini-series on the plane though, when the rest of my family slept!

D'oh!

:arghh: