Visa in a renewed passport..help please.

alymacck

Hi Aly,

Have you tried the Thread Search? Also are you in the UK or Australia? I have heard that you would have to visit the Australian Embassy in the UK or a DIAC office in Australia! But I might be wrong!

PM me if you don't find anything!

James

Hi Aly,

We was told to go to immigration offices at Currie Street in the city , if we wanted the visa changing in the passport but you can just carry the new passport and the expired one with the visa in it.

I hope this helps :)

Tell Mark to call me with the toyota details for the air con :)

Mick

Guest eclare

Extract from the visa grant notifcation docs. You need form 929 from DIAC...we need to renew one of our sons passport so I remembered this.

Passport

The visa is linked to the passport number that you provided in your application. If you obtain anew passport after receiving this letter, you should advise the department of the new passportdetails. If you do not provide us with the details of any new passport, you may experience

significant delays at the airport and may be denied permission to board your plane to Australia.

Changes to your circumstances

If your circumstances have changed since you made your visa application, and as a result ananswer to a question on your visa application form or the information you have given to theDepartment of Immigration and Citizenship about your visa application is no longer correct,you must advise us in writing as soon as possible. Please make sure that you include your name,date of birth and Application ID when you write to us.

GSM Adelaide, Level 4 55 Currie St Adelaide SA 5000GPO Box 1638 Adelaide SA 5001 Telephone: 1300 364 613 Facsimile: 61 8 7421 7615 Website:

http://www.immi.gov.au

You can provide this information to the GSM processing office by letter or email, together withany accompanying documents. If you are notifying the department of a change to your emailaddress by sending an email from your new email address, you must include details of yourprevious email address, as evidence that you have authorised the change.The following forms are useful for notifying the department of changes in circumstances andare available on the department's website at

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms or at any of our offices:

Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details

Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances

Form 1023 Notification of incorrect answer(s)

Form 1193 Communicating by e-mail with the department.