Getting fed up now....!!

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

:sad:Hi gang, just an outlet this one, over the past year i have been - i hope i have always been up beat and can't wait to get to Adelaide , when others have been down we all pick each other up, which is great. But now this house sale is going through its doing my mind in.

We had the full asking price offer 4 weeks before Crimbo , and after seeing so many sales fall through, i tried not to do the SOLD post . But we have boxes packed in every room suit cases with clothes for our baggage allowance every where, and still we wait to exchange contracts......ahhhhhhhhhhh:wideeyed:, they had the mortgage survey 2 weeks before crimbo and they (buyer) and their solicitors still say "don't worry, everything is going through" , don't they realise our whole life is on hold???!! Limbo isn't the word for it , i have 2 weeks work left as i let all my builders go and jac has handed her notice in and finishes on the 8th Feb. Every where we go all i get is "what you doing here i thought you had gone " and we have to explain 4-6 times a day what the delay is ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sorry! cheers Graham

i can only imagine how you must be feeling!!!!!!

i am so dreading this bit!!!

so have you booked your flights yet?!?!?!?!?!?!

i've got everything (fingers, toes and eyes) crossed for you that you'll get it through any day now!!!! like this monday!!!!!!!!

i fully understand 'the limbo' :goofy:

all the best (and luck) to all of you!!!

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Hi

I really feel for you. This house selling is no fun at all but when you're over in Adelaide enjoying life on the beach this will seem like a dim and distant memory.

Keep positive and it will all be OK in the end.

Rachel

Guest Nicky, Alan and Kids

I do feel for you, we sold in October last year and right up to the point of exchanging contracts we were on tender hooks. It will work out in the end.

Nicky

Hi

We know how you feel, your not the only one if that makrd you feel any better.

All I can say to offer full asking price at this time in the housing market they must of been pretty sure and keen.

I am sure these things are sent to make us stronger, it will work out in the end, you just wait and see.

All the best

Trisha

Guest homewardbound

Hi Graham,

Sorry to hear you're still in limbo. I know when we spoke to you at the Crawley meet you were hoping to exchange that week. I'm sure it'll happen soon. At least you've got a sale. We went on the market a couple of weeks ago and had 4 viewings so far, all of which went really well - they all love our house but have all had reservations about the back garden. We live on a corner so the back garden is not particularly big. So we just need someone who wants a big house but not a big back garden. Rachael and James have agreed a sale to the second people who looked at theirs. Lucky things. Anyway, fingers crossed for you and all the best.

Veronica

Hi,

i'm waiting for my sale to go through as well, only got the offer early this month but am still frustrated:arghh:, i'm sure it will happen soon and you will look back at this as just another of the many long waits you had to put up with to get to Australia.

Simon

Hey Graham,

Chin up ol' bean. I would love to be in your position. We have a house to finish 'doing up', house to sell, visa to get. All you are waiting on is a complition date. :D You are in the light at the end of the tunnel, there are loads of us on here still in the dark. :sad:

Keep positive and when the rabbit stew is just a distant memory:p you will be hacking round an Ozzy golf course thinking of us back here still trying to see a little bit of that light. It will happen I'm sure and before you know it Guzzler can teach you how to drink a man's drink. ;)

Pete

Guest Guzzler&Sas
:sad:Hi gang, just an outlet this one, over the past year i have been - i hope i have always been up beat and can't wait to get to Adelaide , when others have been down we all pick each other up, which is great. But now this house sale is going through its doing my mind in.

We had the full asking price offer 4 weeks before Crimbo , and after seeing so many sales fall through, i tried not to do the SOLD post . But we have boxes packed in every room suit cases with clothes for our baggage allowance every where, and still we wait to exchange contracts......ahhhhhhhhhhh:wideeyed:, they had the mortgage survey 2 weeks before crimbo and they (buyer) and their solicitors still say "don't worry, everything is going through" , don't they realise our whole life is on hold???!! Limbo isn't the word for it , i have 2 weeks work left as i let all my builders go and jac has handed her notice in and finishes on the 8th Feb. Every where we go all i get is "what you doing here i thought you had gone " and we have to explain 4-6 times a day what the delay is ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sorry! cheers Graham

Good God man you are not even here yet and you have started " whinging", on a serious note keep focused , positive attitude and things will HAPPEN, these things are just part of the test.

Speak soon

Guzzler

You have all my sympathies. we were feeling just like this in the run up to christmas. I think our solictor got fed up with us as we were ringing them every day towards the end. If it is ment it will happen and to look on the black side if it dosent you will look back and see that their was a reason for it! However I have to agrre to make a full price offer in this climate they must be keen:)

Good luck.

Guest Matt & Suzi

We are in the same position, we sold ours in October and they said we could stay in it until after xmas so we didnt have to spend it living with parents and then exchange just after xmas, we were told they didnt need to sell their house to buy ours. Turns out they have changed their minds and want to sell theirs now, before they exchange. I get the same questions about 10 times a day, usually by the same people! "When are you going then?"

I will have a scream with you AAAAAARRRRGGGGG.

Hi gra & jac,

stay strong, although you may feel you have been waiting for the house stuff to go through, at least it isn't as long as waiting on the visa! l.o.l x

Seriously, it will happen for you guys, stay positive, it could have been worse, you could have been in the same position as ourselves and getting half your garden taken for a new rail track (de-valueing the house by a huge amount) and getting left in the house, thereafter with 4 years of fighting with the scottish parliament to force the railway company to take our house too!

Keep upbeat, you have to now, my OH has spent a fortune buying golfing gear, just waiting to come over and join you guys for a round or two!

take care and keep us posted

Guest graandjac

:)Thanks guys, i dont mean to sound selfish as i know we could be in a worse position, its just we have never been so ready.....we cant be more ready. Starting to get the feeling iam more impatient than i thought . So lets see what next week brings.

:unsure:Cheers Graham

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya Gra,

Do you remember as a kid your mother saying "there is always somebody worse off than yourself" well hey ho I think it must be me.

If there is bad luck to be had then I'm at the front of the queue receiving boat loads of it, bad luck tends to find me even when I hide! :arghh:

We have had our house on the market since Sept (just before the 3bed hips came in). Ok I admit first estate agent was a huge mistake and a waste of 12 weeks. So on a positive note we moved to another agent in November - well 2 agents in the hope of ONE might just sell it. 8 weeks further down the line and 1 viewing later and £12k slashed off the price I am still waiting.

We reduced again yesterday. All I do is compare my house on right move with others. I need a life! We have the visa, are looking to book flights for end of March and no buyer.

I am hoping and hoping it comes together, there is me trying to be optimistic and seeing this as a test and praying I will laugh about it in years to come :nah:

At least Gra you are getting there - we can't do anything we are so minimilistic and daren't open a cupboard cos all the crap will fall out. I'm sick of buying fresh flowers just in case somebody comes to view :), I think I might start growing my own!!!!

Laugh I think I might just cry!!!!:sad:

Amanda

Guest louiesmum

Hi Gra & Jaq

We know exactly how you feel its so frustrating, I suppose 'cos you have the visa & can just go this bit seems worse somehow. We have sold ours again (3rd time we accepted an offer!!) they had sold theirs to 1st time buyer that fell through now they've sold to someone who hasn't got a buyer agghhh! But we just keep thinking it will happen, perhaps not as quick as we'd like so a few more people saying haven't you gone yet? urm i'm here so... keep positive we all know how you feel you'll soon be on that golf course in oz, us ladies with a glass of wine or 2!! Keep us posted. It will happen!!

Guest steve&tracy

keep positive Graham like the other posts said they must be keen full asking price!! Sometimes things are ment to try us.At least you have your visa we are still waiting for the South Aus Government to o.k. where i'm ment to be going to work.I will be giving my Future Boss in oz a ring monday morning to see if he has heard anything. Hope all goes through quickly now for you.

A.T.Best Steve,Tracy and Girls

Guest happy-jools

Ah dear what cansay. Really feel for you guys, as I know how important a certain date is for you.

But fingers crossed, and keep being hopefully that it will happen sometime soon.

Good Luck for you all and fingers crossed.

:wubclub:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Look on the bright side Gra and Jaq this will be the last time you sell a house in the long winded UK way! Next time you buy you will be in within the month and if you sell again you will be out within the month!

We went through it the long winded way in the UK before we could come, got an offer in the september, fell through after christmas (due to buyers buyer) then it was all back on in feb, having had to book validation trip. Me and the kids flew before the house exchanged and Ian followed 3 weeks later.

It will happen, but IMO it is harder the house sale than the getting the visa bit.

Which is why I always say "get the house on the market BEFORE you get the visa. If you have all the other stuff, you will most likely get the visa if you have been able to apply for it, other than medical things, it is probably a done deal.

sarah

Guest graandjac

You guys!!!!:notworthy: We are soooooooo glad we have got to know you all, as much as I go on (sorry Guzzler!!!!) It's definitely not the same banging on to friends/family here - they kinda like the delay!!

Anyway......we will get together one day laughing about the 'stale-mate' situation and will no doubt forget what all the fuss was about. Fingers and everything else crossed for you all too, it really does mean a lot to us :embarrassed:.

Love the posts about the golf.....I'll hold you all to that! and jac likes the wine thing - although she is still in training as shes a W on wine, even worse with the sun as a mixer!!!!! reckon she should stick to boy beer!!

Pete - jac says :pto the rabbit stew idea!!

Guzzler - reckon i'll have to be an apprentice with you when it comes to boys beer!!!! don't wanna ask jac!! but she will contribute to your boy slabs and not be ashamed of turning up with 'pop'!!!

cheers graham

[ It's definitely not the same banging on to friends/family here - they kinda like the delay!!

Love the posts about the golf.....I'll hold you all to that! and jac likes the wine thing - although she is still in training as shes a W on wine, even worse with the sun as a mixer!!!!! reckon she should stick to boy beer!!

and not be ashamed of turning up with 'pop'!!!

Gra & Jac,

I totally agree with you with banging on to friends/family here, there is only so much they want to hear and so much that you want to tell them too!

Golf, as I said my OH has bought everything for a good day out with the Gallahs! I'm going to try my hand at it as well, so I've bought clubs myself, never played in my life, but it's all about trying something new (hence the reason for going to Oz in the first place!)

Jac - I thought it was just me that couldn't handle the wine, I keep trying, you'd think that after all the years of practicing I would be good at it by now! Tend to stick to the pop too, or a couple of beers at the start to make it look as though I can handle it then when everybody else is getting well on, swap to the pop!

Chins up guys, it will happen for you soon x

Guest The Lengtons

Hi

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope all goes well, I'm sure it will. let us know how it goes. sorry if you have already said, but can i ask what area you are moving to.

Golf, as I said my OH has bought everything for a good day out with the Gallahs! I'm going to try my hand at it as well, so I've bought clubs myself, never played in my life, but it's all about trying something new (hence the reason for going to Oz in the first place!)

Excellent news. Looking forward to meeting new members. I need as much help as I can get looking for lost balls. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Excellent news. Looking forward to meeting new members. I need as much help as I can get looking for lost balls. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

I think I'm going to try and invent a new tagging system for the golf balls, otherwise I may need to invest in some shares with the people who make them! (I reckon I'm going to lose a fair few of them too!!!):biglaugh: