singapore airport

Guest fatman

hi just wondering if anyone has used the transit hotels or decided to just use the transit lounges

hotel rooms are fairly cheap the transit lounges you pay individually for each service etc. anyone have any thoughts or ever used them

thanks for any thoughts

Guest Guest5035

Well worth it especially on the London Singapore leg, after 12 hours a nap and a shower does wonders for the 8 hour leg to Adelaide. We have used it 3 times now.

Stevo

Guest BackToAdelaide

Yep, booked into the transit hotel for a 6 hour block during an 18 hour stopover once. Great if you want to catch up on some sleep and of course you get an en suite so you can freshen up. I'm so sad I even took a picture. Here you go :)

IMGP3993.jpg

After a long flight from London to Singapore there's nothing like sleeping lying down instead of in a chair!

Guest Scottish_Mitchells

Used it a few times as well as we were travelling with young kids at the time, transit hotel was well worth it. We had a huge room with double bed and 2 single beds, TV and en-suite for family of 4. All had a sleep chill out watching TV and then shower to freshen up.

Guest Guest6899
hi just wondering if anyone has used the transit hotels or decided to just use the transit lounges

hotel rooms are fairly cheap the transit lounges you pay individually for each service etc. anyone have any thoughts or ever used them

thanks for any thoughts

were booked into one and fly tomorrow so can let you know on Friday of our experiences.

Lisa

Guest leemina

We flew just over two months ago, and after the manchester-singapore leg we stayed in the transit hotel for 8 hrs, and we slept for 7 of them. Well worth the money (not a lot), we'd originally booked two rooms with single beds but we arrived a little early and those rooms werent quite ready (would have had to wait an hour) so they offered up two rooms with double beds, so we just shared with kids. Rooms are comfy and just whats needed after that leg of the journey. I'd recommend everyone (especially those with kids) to do it.

For the 5-6hours transit you usually get going adelaide to london, I usually just head to the swimming pool and chill out there for a while, not enough time to sleep, and the outdoor pool is one of the best ways to rehydrate. entry fee includes towel, locker, and soft drink. So all you need is to remember to pack your swimming costume and a plastic bag (I use a ziplock) to store it wet on the second leg of the flight.

For the 5-6hours transit you usually get going adelaide to london, I usually just head to the swimming pool and chill out there for a while, not enough time to sleep, and the outdoor pool is one of the best ways to rehydrate. entry fee includes towel, locker, and soft drink. So all you need is to remember to pack your swimming costume and a plastic bag (I use a ziplock) to store it wet on the second leg of the flight.

Hi all, bit of a stupid question but i was just wondering what currency you can use to pay for the pool use - will they accept AUD ??.

thanks

Guest nickcoumbe

We used visa or Singapore dollars for most stuff.

If you go to Harry's Bar make sure you check the prices before you order. We ended up buying G&T's that were unbelievably expensive.

Guest loopylisa

I wouldnt bother with the pool. Its not heated and is very cold. It is also dirty- I saw band aids floating around in it and I got an ear infection shortly after. I regret wasting my time and money on the pool and wished I had gone to one of the lounges which had a hot tub and had a shower there.

The hotel is brilliant if you're with kids. I probably wouldn't bother if I was travelling by myself (if I had a long layover I'd drag myself out of the airport instead), but I've done it a few times with the kids on a 10-16 hour layover, and it's great to be able to keep them cooped up somewhere - and yes, a shower or bath really does make a huge difference!