Will i ever sell my house.................................

Guest guest7008

Guest guest7008

Hi there! We been on the Market since MARCH and no house sold yet!!!! Had visa for what seems likes ages and we cannot sell our bloody chain around our necks!! Like most people we need to sell to make the move - renting it out is not an option or remortaging so we just sitting here waiting and waiting and waiting..................... we have reduced the house by 30k and still NOTHING!!! This is worse than the actual visa process and never thought I would say that as getting the visa was pretty stressful and took over our lives but this....................god damm awful!!!!:arghh:

Guest guest1255

hi there

I know exactly what you r going through. we came out 2yrs ago and it took us over a yr to sell. we ended up coming for a holiday to validate our visa. just hang in there its a buyers market atm and you will sell eventually. :smile:

we had same probs, moment we had our visa granted we put our house on the market, 6 months on and we had no offers, our visa had to be validated by may and by feb we still hadnt sold, the market was getting worse and we needed the small amount of equity in our house to make the move, we reduced the house 30k and the price we now had it at would give us enough for flights and for us to survive for a few weeks, we couldnt afford a validation trip and was worried if the house prices dropped anymore we would end up in negative equity and then would have been stuck there, so end of feb came and we took the house off the market, was convinced we had run out of time, i cried buckets for a week thinking our dreams were over, our visa would expire and we would never make it, hubby convinced me to put the house back on the market with a new agent and give it one last go, within a week of it going back on market, a couple who had put a offer in on another house that the chain had colapsed was dropping a friend off in our street and seen our house up for sale and came for a viewing, loved the house and needed a quick completion cos her buyer was waiting for her house etc the offer was 9k less and we then had to make a hard decision, was our only offer we either had to take it and come with not much money or refuse it and forget the dream of being here, we decided to take our chances and we accepted the offer, we gave strict instructions we completed by april or we would pull out. A week before our move date, it looked like it was all gonnna fall to pieces when our buyers buyer hadnt even had his mortgage approved, i cried again, but it all came good and we completed on time with a month to spare on our visa and we have been here 3 half years and are settled(mostly) im a great believer in whats meant to be and if ya are meant for things to happen they will happen. keep ya chin up things can change when you least expect it:)

Dawn x

Guest Rachael Reeve

God i am so with you.We got our visas in April then put the house up for sale and its still for sale! We have dropped the price by 30k and still nothing. It looks like we are going to have to go over, as like you we not really have the money. its not just getting there its somewhere to stay as well. I hope we all have a but of good luck!

Guest puff the dragon
Hi there! We been on the Market since MARCH and no house sold yet!!!! Had visa for what seems likes ages and we cannot sell our bloody chain around our necks!! Like most people we need to sell to make the move - renting it out is not an option or remortaging so we just sitting here waiting and waiting and waiting..................... we have reduced the house by 30k and still NOTHING!!! This is worse than the actual visa process and never thought I would say that as getting the visa was pretty stressful and took over our lives but this....................god damm awful!!!!:arghh:

We are having the same problem but over here in Adelaide

Guest guest7008

Well.......WE HAVE SOLD HOUSE!!!!! 8 long months......50k under market value...but we have a cash buyer who wants to be 1st week of december.....we have enough to get out there....holiday rental and enough savings for 6 months living!! So we are happy bunnies!!! Now in the process of skip runs, charity shop donations and e baying!!!! Now let the fun begin........:biglaugh:

Guest teresa lynch

Hi

Congratulations at last!!!!!!! Break open the wine end sit for a moment or two!

We were granted visa's at the end of June and put or house on the maket straight away even though we sold within 9 weeks it seemed like a lifetime so I can understand your frustrations. We have sold to first time buyers and are hoping to exchange at the end of this month. I have today handed my notice in at work after agreeing a flexible notice period with the option of retracting the notice should anything major happen.

Where are you guys hoping to settle we've been looking at Moana and Aldinga. Looks like we have kids around the same ages, might be good to meet up once we're all over in the dream country!

Teresa

Guest jaxndel
Well.......WE HAVE SOLD HOUSE!!!!! 8 long months......50k under market value...but we have a cash buyer who wants to be 1st week of december.....we have enough to get out there....holiday rental and enough savings for 6 months living!! So we are happy bunnies!!! Now in the process of skip runs, charity shop donations and e baying!!!! Now let the fun begin........:biglaugh:

That is fantastic news. I am so pleased for you. Shame you had to take such a drop in the price but hey .... time to get on with your lives and start living the dream. Ours starts when we leave the UK on Wednesday 9th.

Guest leeannekays

We have our house up for sale and not having many viewings. Estate agent wants to drop price, im not sure but my OH said no way he is dropping price. We fly in April. I am worrying about it big time because its christmas and no one wants to move around christmas!!!

Leeanne