Yeehaaaaa!!!! It's Our Turn Now!!!!

cormcvcr

Well it started off a normal day, kids off to school, I went to work, other half off today (so lazy day for him then!)

Had a few missed calls on my mobile from Andy, but couldn't answer them as I was in the middle of a clinic, called him back, only for him to be quite dry with me on the phone and telling me he was on the other line and would call back in 5 minutes.

Then a knock on the clinic door, with Andy standing face grey, eyes red, my initial reaction was Who's Dead?

Only to come the words that I have been waiting for a little of a year for........

"WE HAVE GOT OUR VISAS!!!!"

I screamed, I laughed, I cried and then nearly wet myself!

We left there and went to tesco to buy some champagne, 1 to drink, bucks fizz for the kids and another to shake and spray all over the garden!

We left tesco only for my OH to stop dead in the middle of the car park and say, I can't remember where I parked the car?

So first blonde moment of the visa journey, no doubt there will be more.

Can I just say, THANKYOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP, COMMENTS, ADVICE AND SUPPPORT, I DON'T THINK I WOULD STILL BE SANE WITHOUT YOU ALL! XXX

Its about bloody time.:o:biglaugh:

Fantastic news. Hope the long wait seems worth it now. I am really pleased for you. You can book your flights now and count down the days. ;)

Pete

Guest Nicky, Alan and Kids

Well done really pleased for you. When are you planning on going?

Just out of interest did you ever here that you had a case officer? my only reason for asking is that all our medicals/police checks are over in Oz, so just wondering if we will go straight to visa grant.

Nicky

Guest Sharon and Paul

Well done you lot, I'm so jealous, we used a migration company to get our visas needless to say we are still waiting, well anyway good luck with everything now and in the future.

Sharon and Paul.

Guest Lulujim

Wow weee!! Am so pleased for you. :) Great news. I notice that you're going over on a sponsored visa too, we're going over on a 495. We've been told the whole process will take 12-18 months, but have noticed it's taken less for you guys - were you originally told 12+ months?? You've given me hope it might not be foerver and a day to wait!!!!

Well done really pleased for you. When are you planning on going?

Just out of interest did you ever here that you had a case officer? my only reason for asking is that all our medicals/police checks are over in Oz, so just wondering if we will go straight to visa grant.

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

we are hoping to go within the next 6 weeks, it would have been earlier, but after a telephone call to our agent a couple of weeks ago, we were told not to expect the visa before May at the earliest.

So, as we are impatient people and wanted to be there now, we booked ourselves a 2 week AI holiday to cyprus on 27th february!!!

Therefore we are going on holiday then to Australia, how wicked is that????

We didn't get a case officer as our agent had sent in everything that they knew of and we also did the meds and pc's without their asking for it, I think someone just picked up the file, had a little look and realised that nothing else was required and did the stamp thing and here we are!!

Good luck with your process and keep us posted with how you are doing, will see you all on the sunny side xxxxxx

Guest happy-jools

OMG SO EXITED FOR YOU. IT FEELS LIKE AGES SINCE WE GOT OUR VISA, BUT REMEMBER IT WELL.

ENJOY YOUR CELEBRATIONS.XXX

GOOD LUCK, AND ENJOY CYPRUS FIRST.

C U DOWNUNDER:notworthy:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

HUGE CONGRATS - may we be the first to congratulate you Oz side ..... i got a bit choked reading your post - how sad am i???

Very mixed emotions - excitement, weirdness, panic, all at the same time.

Champagne sounds wonderful - bit early for it here though - 7.14am

See you soon this side

Cheers

Sas

xxx