Anyone one for Cricket (girls and ladies only, sorry)

bruce n sheila

Hi

My daughter plays for a ladies cricket team in the south (as a result i got stiched to manage their B team), based out of the BICE oval (christies beach area if you didnt know), they are called the Stingrays. The team (s) age between 7 and 71 (seriously, one of the keepers is 71 and played international) and are always looking for new players. The standard is far greater and more competitive than we had in the UK, but its by no means a bad thing, it has helpped our daughter come on heaps in her cricket in the few short months we have been here and has made friends with some great girls/ladies. The season is still young and we need some extra players who can turn come regulary and play with the games all being either lunchtime or 3pm on Sundays until Christmas (20, 20) with the longer games starting after the new year.

many of the girls go on to play winter indoor cricket so its all year if you want it, which if you havnt seen it yet, then look it up on you tube, very fast, great team sport and ideal fitness and social gathering.

We arrived and turned up to one of their training sesions indoor and were made to feel really welcome and have started to form some great friendships with "real" aussies. The ladies, girls and parents/husbands etc really welcomed our daughter and us and within weeks we class them as our new friends. they have several social events through the year so its up to yu how deep you want to get involved, nothing i pressured (well i was to be manager!!!!) So if you are interested please let me know and i can explain more, or talk with you and who knows, you could be the next Ladies international (Aus or English, depends upon your preference :biggrin: )

EVEN IF YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED - YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD. COME ON - YOU WANTED A NEW LIFE DOWN UNDER GET INVOLVED IN SOMETHING NEW AND SEE HOW IT GOES. (didnt mean to shout, wanted to get your attention)

Seriously, come to a training session, or watch a game and make your mind up from there, they have kit to loan you if you dont have your own so nothing to layout for, you will never know if you dont try.

Think of what it took to decide to come here, this decission should be easy. See you there soon then.