A reminder about signatures in posts

snifter

I've been browsing round the forum, reading threads as you do and noticed quite a few people posting still have rather long/large sigs. New rules for sigs were put in place a while back so if you haven't read them already or have a sig longer than 2 lines of text, please read Ktee's (site admin) post on the subject, which can be read here

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/news-gossip/25606-signatures.html

I am guessing most of those with longer sigs still probably just haven't noticed the sticky thread on the subject. Hence this reminder :cute:

If mods notice longer sigs around the forum we'll just drop a PM and ask for them to be edited. If that doesn't work then they may be edited down to size for you. Please don't be annoyed/offended or anything else should this happen. Its not fair to have one rule for some and let others continue to have large sig lines taking up 10 lines of text for example.

The plain text rule applies to business sigs. Personal sigs we are allowing some leeway with coloured text. Just don't go overboard and avoid bold/italic etc please.

Any questions, drop a PM.

Thanks

snifter

Hi Snifter

Im really glad you have brought this to attention again - I constantly see members who have been notified of signature changes - just do it for a couple of weeks and then change back to bold etc.....

totally agree that - Its not fair to have one rule for some and let others continue to have large sig lines taking up 10 lines of text for example.

Sarah

Am still seeing lots of larger sigs. As in more than 2 lines of text.

Examples of how you can squish 8 lines into 2 (and use a bit of colour)

8 lines (not suitable for a sig)

Me - Mum

Hubby - Dad

Son - 13

Daughter 5

Daughter 8

Dog and cat

Visa granted July 2011

Moving to Adelaide March 2013!

Could read like this (suitable for sig size)

Me - Mum, Hubby - Dad, Son 13, Daughter 5, Daughter 8, Dog and cat,

Visa granted July 2011 - Moving to Adelaide March 2013!

Cheers

snifter