Time has come!!

Guest nic-manchester

Guest nic-manchester

Well people the time has finally come with apx 36 hours til take off and we will be on our way with our dreams still intact.

It has been a very long journey I thought the visa process was hard but it was nothing compared to gutting a house packing up your life belongings and moving in with the inlaws for ten long long days!! Not to mention trying to explain to a three year old why she is not going home and trying to minimise goodbyes so not to upset them.

I know many of you have been there and done it and there is the hurdles to face on the otherside and we are thoroughly excited at the prospect of our new life and know it's not all roses.

Anyway we will arrive Friday morning aus time and are staying at one of tamaras houses for 3 weeks in Christies beach, and can't wait to meet new fiends and get stuck in, if anyone wants to chat meet up it would be an absolute pleasure.

Xxxx Nicola

Guest nic-manchester

Thanks team v and heap good, though i doubt I would have got as much done without the support on PIA you can always count on someone on here to help you out or lift your spirits x

Hi and good luck,sounds similar to our last few days in the uk, with all the rushing around you have just done,we had the same from our 3 year old too, once you are here she will forget what has happened, even the flight will be forgotten, we took her fav teddy and pjs with us and I think it help her a lot,

Remember not to punish yourself when you get here regarding not doing anything fun for the first couple of weeks ,as your going to be very busy sorting your new life out, tfn, where things are ,insurance jobs,schools. Your going to do great just take one day at a time and your here now the great things and places are here for ever so you can see them whenever you want.

Happy times ahead all the best

Andrew

Guest rodgeviper

hi, good luck with the move, we fly December 1st which is amazing but then the misses stays and i come back to sort out the left over problems with selling house and business, Can you give us any tips on where to start with driving licences and work etc.. ?

hope all goes well

Roger

Guest nic-manchester

Arrived here safely and what lovely weather even been for a dip in the pool!! sorted quite alot out already TFN, medicare, bank accounts, mobiles etc just need a car rental now having a great time kids love it not much jet lag think a trip to the beach is in order x

Hope you got some summer clothes gonna seem bloody hot when you get here....:-)

HG

Hi

I see you live in Aldinga, we are thinking of Aldinga can you give any advice on the living in Aldinga, cost of houses, schools (GOOD) and jobs around. much appreciated

Jennet

Guest gabriel

All the best to you I wish it was us we have 8 weeks to go (12 Jan) We have been at the in-laws 2 months & we have two months to go ..it is horrendous the times I have wanted to walk out but I have nowhere to go!!

Enjoy yourselves, I hear yestday was a scorcher!! Got me summer case ready & waiting !!

Trudy

Guest nic-manchester

Hi we arrived fri and it was hot hot, although st was a ood ten deg cooler but still in shorts and t shirts, looks like a hot one today clear skies!

Good luck with in laws we only ad 10 days that was enough, if you come near Christies beach be sure to look us up hoping to stay around her.

One thing I must say is everyine is so nice from banks, supermarket staff, even the neighbours next door took us to local shopping centre to show us around, the locals are also very nice and love the children!x

Guest nic-manchester

Flight was excellent, Singapore airlines are fab. Kids were really good too. Not too much jet lag, safe journey. Just give us a shout if you need any help, will try an help you out. We going to look at 2 houses today, nothing in Christies beach so going a bit father out but nicer properties :-)

Guest nic-manchester

Hi roger

Where a bouts you staying? In Christies beach and noarlunga they have everything and easy o find your feet. Driving licences is just a form but you both have to go, 182 dollars for 2 years no test if you have full uk licence. Banks we opened before we left and sent money and had the Adelaide branch send everything to the colonnades in noarlunga we just picked up cards registered for online banking, get a statement from bank stamped as you will need it for driving licence and Medicare as it will have your oz address on.. In colonnades is Medicare so picked up form completed and took it back. You need to get Australian phone number so we picked up a decent phone which has internet access and a built in sat nav, essential here! Even for walking or finding stuff, also picked up a sat nav too for car. Been to centreline to apply for family allowance for children.

Work for my husband as e is a bricklayer might e a bit hard this time of year but e is doing his White card on 2 dec, registered for T

FN for both online takes 28 days they just emergency tax you until code comes in. He is going to stay at home until kids go back in Jan to school and I have interview with agency on wed so fingers crossed I will get so something to ease the pressure.

Just car to sort now!!! Got hire car and oh kids ca seats rules are different just cost us 229 dollars for two seats that we left at home! But you learn surprising how much we picked up in a few days, although the neighbours are from Uk and have helped us out.

Any problems just give us a shout

Nicola

Roger

Guest nic-manchester
Blimey you did all this in just a matter of days.....good onya :wideeyed:

Yeah an with two tired kids hard work but nearly done just rental an job to sort, think that the hardest!