Where would you like to end up once you move to SA?

Guest Paula H

The jury is out on that one. I suspect it will be Blackwood/Hawthorndene/Bellevue Height kind of area, but also attracted to Brighton/Seacliff. Until we get there its hard to decide. We will have fun looking around. Hallet Cove is the further South I want to consider as the housing is more affordable but I think its probably not for us. Have you decide wher to go?

This is probably for another post...maybe Snifter can move these out?!

So, chiming in :)

Would ideally love to end up in Glenelg but not sure in the long term our budget will go to that. We have family living there so it'll be where we will be staying for a while at least as we'll be with them. Great for us as nice schools not far away and only a 5 minute walk to the beaches and Jetty road with the tram just across the street for heading into the city.

May also look at some areas of Warradale, Brighton and other areas close to that. Paringa school wise also appeals so may look round there also as Brighton HS falls into that area zone wise IIRC.

I adore Unley but its way too expensive unless we were looking at a house with only 2 bedrooms probably. And honestly I'd rather be nearer Glenelg given a choice.

Don't want to live further down south, at least not at this point. Hubby's family are all pretty central, not far south and also out west a little, so down south won't work for us in that respect. Also having seen some of it, it isn't really my cup of tea but then that might change. Hubby isn't keen either to be that far down and would rather compromise on loads of rooms/space to be in the areas we like and have a bit less space. We are used to living in old fashioned English cottages so don't mind not having masses of floor space and so on.

Guest guest7008

Hello :) We looking to settle someone that big enough for us!! There is 8 of us so need someone pretty spacious so I can loose some of the kids!! Hopefully somewhere nearish the beach - but don't mind country if have a pool - husband is an engineer so his work mainly North so looking to settle anyway upwards from Glenelg and over and not further than Golden Grove!! Coming Over March 2012 and can't bloody wait !!!

Guest boesman

Will also have a look around first as I find it impossible to decide on a place I have never been to. I like near the sea like Moana or the sound of Mount Barker sounds good too. My husband a tradesmen so I guess work could be anywhere???? Defo not north, but then , you never know...

Adelaide 2012 too, going to the southern suburbs not too sure where will settle, but staying with friends in Seaford to start with, like Aldinga, hallet cove and Brighton but think Brighton may be to expensive to start with. would like to get my daughter in Brighton secondary but is a zoned school, so a good southern suburb school for her to complete the SACE as she wants to go to University to study Law, forensic science??

Hi Jennet

My daughters go to Tatachilia Lutheran Colllege which in down south (mclaren vale area) - has a very good reputation and I would reccommend http://www.tatachilla.sa.edu.au/. There is also Flinders University, which she can study law at. I work there and it takes me only 20/25 mins to get there in the mornings http://www.flinders.edu.au/

Sarah

Hi Jennet

My daughters go to Tatachilia Lutheran Colllege which in down south (mclaren vale area) - has a very good reputation and I would reccommend http://www.tatachilla.sa.edu.au/. There is also Flinders University, which she can study law at. I work there and it takes me only 20/25 mins to get there in the mornings http://www.flinders.edu.au/

Sarah

Hi Sarah

thanks for that, i think my friend knows someone who's daughter goes to Tatachila school is it a private school??

jennet

We have been here for 7 years and when we were looking to move over we were totally set on the northern suburbs as it's were all my family live - Para Hills West, Mawson Lakes, Andrews Farm. We were not even considering any other areas. We did live there for 6mths but knew very, very quickly that it wasn't for us- we only stayed there that long because we were locked into a rental contract. We then moved to Woodcroft (then Happy Valley and finally back to Woodcroft again) and we could not be happy - totally perfect for us.

I suppose what I'm getting at is don't be too fixed on a certain area as it may well not be for you. You really cannot tell until you live somewhere. Also as much as getting your kids into a school with a good reputation is important you also need to be realistic about future budgets and whether the area is right for you all.

We have been here for 7 years and when we were looking to move over we were totally set on the northern suburbs as it's were all my family live - Para Hills West, Mawson Lakes, Andrews Farm. We were not even considering any other areas. We did live there for 6mths but knew very, very quickly that it wasn't for us- we only stayed there that long because we were locked into a rental contract. We then moved to Woodcroft (then Happy Valley and finally back to Woodcroft again) and we could not be happy - totally perfect for us.

I suppose what I'm getting at is don't be too fixed on a certain area as it may well not be for you. You really cannot tell until you live somewhere. Also as much as getting your kids into a school with a good reputation is important you also need to be realistic about future budgets and whether the area is right for you all.

hi sally

what schools do you recommend that have a good reputation.

jennet