Morphett Vale...

Guest ricknbeck

Guest ricknbeck

Hi people. I wonder if anyone has any knowledge of Morphett Vale, such as what the schools are like, and what the place is like in general. It keeps cropping up in our research, and there is a possible job offer there as well. What does everybody think?

:wacko:

Guest Libby1971

Morphett Vale High School was almost closed down last year due to dropping numbers - no disrepsect to the school but there are some REALLY good ones not far away and catchment zones mean nothing at high school.

However looking at the ages of your children I think primary is more relevant.

There are quite a few private schools in that area so one of those might be good. There are some good primary schools but I am really sorry, it must be too early, I can't think of their names :unsure:.

Libby

We live in Woodcroft which is a stones throw away. Houses there are considerably lower than here. There is a nice estate just off the main the road - but the main road is very busy. When we were looking to buy a lot of ex-pats put us off the area - but it's nowhere as bad as people make people make out.You have to visit it to make up your own mind

Guest Guest75
Morphett Vale High School was almost closed down last year due to dropping numbers - no disrepsect to the school but there are some REALLY good ones not far away and catchment zones mean nothing at high school.

However looking at the ages of your children I think primary is more relevant.

There are quite a few private schools in that area so one of those might be good. There are some good primary schools but I am really sorry, it must be too early, I can't think of their names :unsure:.

Libby

Hi and welcome to PIA

I'd recommend Pimpala Primary if you are settling around that area :)

I'd certainly have a good look around Morphett Vale and the surrounding ,close suburbs as well - such as Woodcroft,Reynella,Onkaparinga Hills,Happy Valley and Flagstaff Hill.

PS ............. Waves at Libby:)

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hello and welcome too

Morphett Vale is a good area - one of the largest suburbs in Adelaide I think. We live in Onkaparinga Hills, right next door and my eldest daughter has just started at Woodcroft Primary. I did my research backwards really - decided Woodcroft College would be a suitable high school (well at the moment, but who knows what may happen before she starts in 8 years!!!) and then looked at the feeder primary schools and Woodcroft Primary is one. That way, Ruby is with the same students and making friends who she will carry through her schooling time. Does that make sense?

Like any suburb worldwide no doubt, there are some streets you will like the look of and others you may not.

The best bit of advice really, is get here, see what you like, see if you can afford it, and then make your decision about where to live. There are lots of schools to look at and what may suit one family, make not be right for yours. Good luck!

Regs

Sas

my brother stayed there for a month in jan and loved it close to christies beach i think

Morphett Vale is a good location due to accessibilty to the Southern Express Way, Colannades Shopping Mall, train and bus links and of course Christies Beach, a 5 min drive away.

Woodcroft too, being its neighbouring suburb also is appealing to newcomers as not much further away from all these things too.

Good luck with the emigration!

Judi x

Guest Libby1971

Back again!!

Pimpala primary reminded me that Prescott Primary is down that way too which is a private one.

Happy Valley is near MV as well as Reynella East, Sheidow Park, Woodcroft, Onkapringa Hills. It's really a lovely area.

I am sure we can all rave about our fave suburbs

Libby

PS Waves back madly at Tyke!!