Wheres summer?

bergkamp10

Still get burnt even in this overcast weather though -just ask my blonde, pale skinned daughter who wouldn't listen this morning and is now having to see "I told you so" in my eyes every time I look at her!

Grant on Breakfast TV reckons we'll have to wait till late Jan/Feb for our summer this year

Grant on Breakfast TV reckons we'll have to wait till late Jan/Feb for our summer this year

Yeah, I remember hearing similar last year but it didn't really happen and before we knew it summer was over and we were heading into winter ...

We've only been here four years but got to say the summers aren't anything like as reliable as we thought they'd be for somewhere with a supposedly Med-like climate!

Jim

When we first arrived..... way back in 91, the summers were brilliant, loads of sunshine and always warm, definately changing though as these days its eems to go from one extreme to the other. Hope Mid January to end of February will be good as I've promised the visitors great weather!!

Jenny

Guest Guest5035
When we first arrived..... way back in 91, the summers were brilliant, loads of sunshine and always warm, definately changing though as these days its eems to go from one extreme to the other. Hope Mid January to end of February will be good as I've promised the visitors great weather!!

Jenny

we arrived february 91 into 41oc from 2 days prior of minus 6oc, our summers are actually starting later and ending later, summer never starts in adelaide until january when the temp gets more consistent

The exchange rate was good then as well - definately better than now.

remember that aswell.

stevo

Last summer was pretty poor and the start of this one aint much better.

It seems to be getting colder NOT warmer, these last couple of years have been the worst summers I've known in all the years I've been here - hope it improves soon.

Jenny

Yeah, I remember hearing similar last year but it didn't really happen and before we knew it summer was over and we were heading into winter ...

We've only been here four years but got to say the summers aren't anything like as reliable as we thought they'd be for somewhere with a supposedly Med-like climate!

Jim

we arrived february 91 into 41oc from 2 days prior of minus 6oc, our summers are actually starting later and ending later, summer never starts in adelaide until january when the temp gets more consistent

remember that aswell.

stevo

Well we might as well stay in the UK with you lot being such doom and gloom merchants........:smile:

I have to say, I feel the same way as everyone else, it doesn't seem as warm as you think it should be, but the fact is this is our normal weather...

Nov 2011 average max temp = 26.8, it should only be 25.1.. So a little warmer than average.

Nov 2011 rain = 25.4mm, average = 31.3. So a little drier than norm.

So far for Dec it's 26.2 average, against an average temp of 27.. So only slightly cooler

and 9.4 hrs of sunshine per day against an average of 9.5....

I guess all I mean is, if anyone tells you we have or used to have hot summers, or it was always warmer, sunnier etc... they are just struggling to remember exactly how it was. What we have is hugely changeable weather, from the peaks of 40+ degs, to even 18 / 19 deg days even in January. We don't really have the constants like the Mediterranean. When you read we have a Mediterranean climate, all it means is we have dry summers, unlike the east coast where they have wet summers and floods.

Without quoting all of the sad,pathetic above posts about where is the summer moaning about where is he sun etc... , have you had a look at the uk recently?

You should be grateful for what sort of weather we actually have had so far so hey it's not been 40+ every day, if it was you would be moaning that it was too hot and theres no air to breath,too hot and that your air con couldn't keep up with it, then you lot would be complaining that your electric bills have gone up due to it being so hot and so on. Note to ones self get a grip,things change and no where is perfect well not to some anyway.

Have shops run out of warm clothes, coats etc......., get wrapped up. And when it does get hot be thankful

Why would i be looking at the weather in uk when i live in oz?

Some people remember what the weather is like in the uk, how sunny it is for 2 weeks out of he 52 available over there. When arriving here in the winter and not having to wear thermals and a big warm coat everyday makes you appreciate how good you do actually have it here.

Looking at the bigger picture and how bad it has been over here as you put it, come on have a word with yourself if you ve been here for a while you will know what the score is with the weather , if your wanting it hot and sunny all the time or more than 6 months of the year have you considerd doing one to another state where you will have the perfect warmer summer more often

Is it only the 13 th December OMG only two weeks in to summer, and we have had a couple of rainy, windy days, have we forgotten the summer that has been so bad has only just begun?

Try making the best of what the weather has to offer and look forward to what it might be in the next coming months,instead of dwelling on how and what it used to be like and how it was.

There are people in the uk who would love to be where you are in Aus.

It's getting to the point on this site that people can't voice an opinion unless it's gushingly positive. People telling others they should leave simply because they mention it's been a crap start to summer (and there was a crap one last year) says a lot about the 'its (sic) behind Ikea'/it's better than the UK mob. Perhaps those who are so touchy about anything being said about good ol' Adelaide that isn't glowing should question their own security - maybe things aren't as good for them here as they're pretending. :tongue:

Jim

I like the variety with a few scorching days and a several cool nights - it has eased us in gently as we only arrived in October. We've always been here in January February before so its good to know what else to expect. Whatever it is, its certainly a whole lot better than the grey, blustery, rainy days and freezing nights in the UK. Glad I don't have to scrape the ice off the windscreen anymore!

It's getting to the point on this site that people can't voice an opinion unless it's gushingly positive. People telling others they should leave simply because they mention it's been a crap start to summer (and there was a crap one last year) says a lot about the 'its (sic) behind Ikea'/it's better than the UK mob. Perhaps those who are so touchy about anything being said about good ol' Adelaide that isn't glowing should question their own security - maybe things aren't as good for them here as they're pretending. :tongue:

Jim

Got to agree here - what's wrong with a bit of chat about the weather? And FWIW the aussies do it just as much as us Poms!

It has been a cold start to the summer - even (aussie) breakfast TV has said so (so it must be true!) - and of course it's not cold compared to the UK, but for goodness sake, if someone can't comment on the weather here without people leaping down their throat, it's a sad state of affairs.... live and let live, peoples!

It's getting to the point on this site that people can't voice an opinion unless it's gushingly positive. People telling others they should leave simply because they mention it's been a crap start to summer (and there was a crap one last year) says a lot about the 'its (sic) behind Ikea'/it's better than the UK mob. Perhaps those who are so touchy about anything being said about good ol' Adelaide that isn't glowing should question their own security - maybe things aren't as good for them here as they're pretending. :tongue:Well said,it really is quite ridiculous.A lot of my Pommie friends don't use this site anymore because of this reason,and have told me so.It's a shame because it could be so much more of an asset to us all if people would engage in sensible discussion,instead of jumping down the throat of anyone who has legitimate concerns about their new lives in Adelaide.We are all here,or coming here,so let's all try and help each other out instead of arguing methinks.:smile:

Got to say I love spring in this country, and we have had what I call 'spring' weather here for a good couple of months now this year, so I'm a happy bunny! We've had all sorts at this time of year since we've been here - anyone remember the brewery Christmas display getting washed out to sea when there was torrential rain a few years ago?

Guest Rachael Reeve

Its better that the UK. Its dam cold raining and very windy! You get a summer we dont. Its that bad he in the UK im sat with the light on at 2 in the afternoon. It better get better becase we are coming over in March.:smile: