| || |
OH FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE...... just a thread about why people stop posting on here has turned into another opportunity for people to gob smack each other.
Reasons are simple but many....
1) People get busy with their new life and are no longer looking for answers/ advice etc.
2) People have gone back to where they came from.
3) The novelty wears off and people no longer read every post/ thread.
4) Those who have been here a while and still access the forum tend to skim the topics, reading and only answering those pertinent to their current situation/experience.
5) Yes a few get turned off by the bickering / backlashes etc but then everybody loses patience with something, other views etc at some point.
6) Long term posters find that the forum is bait like the earth revolving in that the same topics come up as the forum turns and they may have answered these or posted their views quite a few times.
So there is no conspiracy or ulterior motives etc, some people leave in a huff, some drift away, some stay, some go back to lurking BUT there are always replacement people just beginning their journey and need the markers in this forum to guide them on their way.
Sailed SS Australis out of Southampton 1977.Arrived October in Adelaide via Melbourne 1977.Liverpool/London 1987 - 1992
Adelaide 1992 to eternity:)and one day you'll wake up and stop counting how long you've been here.
I have been accused of writing rubbish on here (of course I haven't), but the bit about the south is by far the most ridiculous i have read on here in ages!!!!
Nice to see some old faces popping in to say hi on this thread, but think it's run its course now and before it descends into sniping I'm closing it. If you have issues with that, please PM the site administrators - Ktee or Cerberus1
Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****
Not one person has had pm's removed, people who asked for their accounts deleting will not be able to get pms obviously. If someone is having problems with their account the normal thing would be to ask admin if they could look in to the matter. I can assure you mods do not have any individual controls over a users account, the most they can do is edit/delete/infract.