Some regular posters missing ?

minty

Without getting controversial it seems like a few regular posters have disappeared recently or post a lot less frequently. I've been posting for a couple of years now and a few long term posters seem to have dropped of for one reason or another.

Like I said not starting an argument but if I have noticed it others must have to.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean, The thing that gets to me is that you get the one's who come on here just starting out and bombard the place with questions never use the search function to see if the question has been asked and answered. Then when they get here want everyone to help them get jobs get a rental give them stuff while there funiture comming etc and once they have got jobs a rental got there place kitted out you never hear or see tham on the site again. They are the ones that have the fresh experiance and could let people comming or thinking about comming the pit falls and what to avoid and what is best way of doing things, A lot of people on here have been here a while like myself I now know nothing about the process about getting a visa Its all changed since I done it and there was no Internet at that time to help out.

What ian mc said is fair comment. It is a shame not so many newer arrivals continue to post on a regular basis or at least pop back to give a bit of help to those still in the visa process or planning stage.

The visa application process changes again soon and it'll be even more new ground to get to grips with for those applying. Alas though, those already in Aus now won't be able to offer help on some aspects as they'll be new.

The natural flow and ebb of a forum is such that people do come and go. Some will stick around for years like gum stuck to a shoe, determind and no way being left behind, others just find as time passes they have less and less reason or interest to post here. Even some of those yet to make the move who were chatty a while back have gone quiet. Many of them still log in I notice, but not as many post.

I personally believe if I am going to be a member of a forum I actively contribute to it. If I cease posting or reading for longer than 3 months I have my own personal rule to ask for my account to be deleted or suspended. Sometimes I just don't wish to post a particular forum any longer. No real reason, just moving on as you do.

Perhaps this might find a few people coming out of the woodwork to let us know they are still around, newer and older members alike :)

:biggrin:

Guest Guest5035
Also posters have traditionally tended to drop off from the Adelaide end in the summer months - tend to be out and about doing stuff rather than on the computer!

with the exception of me and diane..

stevo

That's good that there still there floating about behind the scene. I thought there had been a mass banning and somehow Lynsteve had been missed !!!!!!

lol no.

The stats tell me 'Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 238'

So people are out there and signing in. Just not posting for whatever reason.

Guest Adelaide_bound

I know I'm not posting as reg. as I was for one reason and another really - 1) Am having a pretty horrid time with work and trying to keep my head down really (basically, my boss accused me of being a prostitute and starting stalking me and my husband online - argh!) 2) Its manic trying to organise Christmas 3) Its manic trying to organise moving and selling off the entire business bit by bit (anyone want a professional sewing machine, over-locker or any fittings? lol) 4)OH is taking intensive driving lessons to ready him for his test in the new year so is busy with that, so I'm looking after the majority of house stuff as well.

Basically, we're just really really busy irl :)

There will be a bit of a drop off once we actually get to Oz as well, as we will be in a camper with limited internet access I presume, however once we get to Adelaide and settle down (ie arrive 'properly') we will be online and updating people and helping where we can with stuff for new arrivals as we find them :)

(Not that I thought you meant me specifically btw lol - not that big headed!).

Generally I think the run up to Christmas is crazy basically for lots of people :)

Guess as I've finished work and slowly going mad with cabin fever in Wales untill we fly on the 7th I have the time to notice these things.

As I'm a non Facebook user (leave that to the wife) this forum has been a massive source of knowledge and a huge help to me. So the little I do know about I'm happy to try to help or possibly hinder others.

Have to say I don't come here as much as I used to. I tend to use the Facebook groups more now for some reason. Still pop on here most days but spend about 5 minutes a day rather than the 5 hours of 3 years ago. LOL.

Pete

Hi, We used the forum for Q&A before coming over and it is still a big help, Since coming 2 mths ago we've been flat out with sort every thing out. now have 12mth rentle in Seaford Meadows. Internet costs a bit to well when you skype with video calls. I do tend to PM more now and dont post many theads (not that i did in the 1st place) but I will get around to posting about our 1st 2 mth in SA soon. Many Thank to you all.

I dont think there is anything wrong with people asking the same questiona as before, most of us have all done it and the answers may have changed since the last time they were asked, thats what this forum is for helping each other.

I read more than I post and as Diane said Facebook gets in the way of everything lol.

Without getting controversial it seems like a few regular posters have disappeared recently or post a lot less frequently. I've been posting for a couple of years now and a few long term posters seem to have dropped of for one reason or another.

Like I said not starting an argument but if I have noticed it others must have to.

Everything tends to go quiet over Christmas, and the shops get busier, no idea why. I know there are quite a few of the regular posters who have lots of things going on in their personal life so don't have time to get on, I'm sure in the New Year things will get busier.

I agree with the other posters it would be lovely if those who got help from the forum put something back in, but then I suppose they are busy enjoying their new life and who can blame them.

Facebook does take quite a few members away although to be honest I am contemplating deleting my own account on there, I am fed up of them keep changing the privacy settings I never know whether I am coming or going.