Today - wanted down under - adelaide!

Guest mOZzy

Wanted Down Under

Adelaide 7 : A family looking for a fresh start in Australia sample life in Adelaide for a week, but soon discover the decision to emigrate isn't as easy as they thought. Nadia Sawalha presents SUB

Today at 09:15 on BBC 1 London

Guest cunnah10

Hi Gang

Well i enjoyed every minute of todays "wanted down under" in Adelaide!

We stayed in exactly the same rental as the family today belongs to some lovely members on here in Morphett Vale.

We even held "Buttons" the same Kaola at Cleland wildlife park!We had the best day out there the kids loved it (my 6yr old tried to ride a kangaroo there when i turned my back!Just thought as it was so friendly it wouldn't mind him hopping aboard!but oh boy it did!He got a dam good telling off but we did laugh about it after and still do now!!)

Well i thought they portrayed Adelaide really well today and got me on an "up" today!

Feeling more positive again today so i'm really glad i watched it!

Change of subject could anyone answer this : i have whicker furniture in conservatory it is treated and varnished will i be able to take these with me?Also not that important but i have some nice displays of twig like lights and dried reed type flowers also in whicker basket type vases i take it these will be a no go?

Thanks

Gill

Its a shame this weeks wanted down under is repeated from last year. Would be nice to have given another 5 familys a chance to spend a week in Oz or maybe some re visited from last year.

But still nice to see Adelaide.

Tina x

Ps can the BBC stop the spinning card thing if they do another show next year.:biglaugh:

Guest The Wise Family

Yes it is a shame it was a repeat. We rememebered it clearly as the first thing we would like to do as a family is go on that dolphin trip. Does anyone know how the Ashton family are getting on? Their last post back in april 07 said that they had arrived and were settling in. Is anyone still in touch with them? It would be nice to know how they are getting on now. Gina x

Guest Libby1971
Its a shame this weeks wanted down under is repeated from last year. Would be nice to have given another 5 familys a chance to spend a week in Oz or maybe some re visited from last year.

But still nice to see Adelaide.

Tina x

Ps can the BBC stop the spinning card thing if they do another show next year.:biglaugh:

Maybe you missed the earlier shows. They sent a load more families around Oz to different locations this year for the second series and revisited 8 families, I think it was who took part before, including us!!!

Libby

i watched itv who said aderlaide residents had to share electricty gas and there is a drought. can anyone give me answers to this, as we will be over there march aprill. also does any one regret making the move . iam a painter and decorator and worried about finding work. can anyone help, cheers tony.....

Guest Libby1971

Yes there is a drought but it's all over Australia and not confined to Adelaide. Water restrictions do apply. Nothing too major and you easily get used to them.

I have no idea about sharing electricity/ gas. Who would I share with? How would the companies get paid? Nah, I think ITV is talking b*llocks on that one.

I don't regret making the move but that doesn't mean it was easy. And I still don't feel 100% settled andwe have been here nearly a year.

As for working in your field, I can't comment. I suggest looking on a couple of job websites to get an idea of the vacancies available in your field.

Good luck

Libby

Maybe you missed the earlier shows. They sent a load more families around Oz to different locations this year for the second series and revisited 8 families, I think it was who took part before, including us!!!

Libby

Hi Libby

I know about the other shows and have watched them, but it would be nice if they didn't show the repeats and use this week to show other peps going or more revisited showa like yours. Which I must say I enjoyed. Liked the place you are living think thats the only place in Adelaide that I hadn't looked at ha ha always on real estate.com.

I posted to you on BE and remarked on what lovely girls you have and how your oldest girl made me cry last year when she told you and OH how she felt about moving down under:notworthy:

Tina x

Guest Libby1971

Oops sorry, I hadn't made the connection!:wacko:

Next year, they'll show series 3, plus updates of series 2, followed by the orig series 2 and series 1 for good measure. Cheap Tv, isn't it?

My eldest baby is, right at this moment, planning her social life for after school (shall I go to place a with x, y and z or place b with r, s and t?) so she's she is settling great. She admits it was hard to begin with and the first school she went to wasn't for her. Now she is doing well and feels good so smiles all around!

Libby

Oops sorry, I hadn't made the connection!:wacko:

Next year, they'll show series 3, plus updates of series 2, followed by the orig series 2 and series 1 for good measure. Cheap Tv, isn't it?

My eldest baby is, right at this moment, planning her social life for after school (shall I go to place a with x, y and z or place b with r, s and t?) so she's she is settling great. She admits it was hard to begin with and the first school she went to wasn't for her. Now she is doing well and feels good so smiles all around!

Libby

I don't think I could take anymore of the spinning card thing ha ha.

Glad you are all doing well down under and continue doing so.

Tina x:err: