Here we go again!

sueoc

On the news today there will be a "Police Crackdown "on everyone driving in SA between 24 December and 2 January 2012 . Roadblocks all over the state,especially Adelaide,targeting this that and the other!Quite frankly,it's getting pretty tiresome IMO.It's constant ,throughout the year,and almost makes one wish to adopt public transport as an alterative.Come down real heavy on dangerous driving,and speeding in the first place,and we wouldn't all have to suffer for the idiots on the roads.

I don't mind if they're catching people speeding, or driving with drink or drugs in their systems - but if they start targeting stupid stuff then they'll quickly lose my support!

Did they say exactly what they're targeting? There is a sign down the road from us which can be changed and says things like "Police Now Targeting.... Seatbelts" or ".... Speeding" etc - I always have the urge to sneak out one night and edit it to read "....ugly drivers" or "....loud shirts"

fair enough to take dickheads off the roads, but when are they going to get through their thick heads that they need vehicle checks like the MOT to make sure cars are more roadworthy. You never know it might even stop some crashes!!!!!!!

Guest Guest5035

surely its the owners responsibility to make sure there car is roadworthy (servicing etc etc ), cars don't cause crashes, its the person behind the wheel, just like cars don't speed, only the person behind the wheel makes the car do that.

stevo

Think it's a good thing really, and don't feel targeted or picked on over here with rbts as everyone gets stopped unlike the uk where it's pulling just one car over at the polices leisure / discretion. As for a rwc they do it in other states but as with the uk the test is only for that time the car is looked at. Doesn't account for the other 364 days of the year.

Was once breathalysed three times in five minutes when up in Melrose: drove down to the pub from the campsite - got stopped, all clear.... dropped passengers off, turned around and drove back to campsite (without even getting out of the car) to get jumper as a bit chilly - got stopped again - unsurprisingly still clear... then drove back to pub two minutes later - stopped again - tried to persuade them that it was just a waste of a test but to no avail, but hey presto, still clear!! Had to laugh...

Yes Diane,Seat belts was mentioned!But also DD.Once your pulled over anyway it's the full monty on the Car.I believe you can get a whopping fine just for not having your driving licence with you?Anyone know?

I got stopped a couple of years ago and my Aussie drivers licences was out of date (by a couple of weeks - Id only bought a year as just arrived and money was tight - and had honestly honestly just forgotten to renew it)...the cop wasnt friendly at all. Wouldnt let me drive home and I had to leave the car there (with all my food shopping in the back) and walk to Christies Beach to renew my licenses straight away.

Also I got a $350 dollar fine. It was'nt a pleasant day - the worst thing was, Id gone to the gym, then food shopping and I had my gym stuff on with sweaty hair and had to have my new license photo like that!!

I got stopped a couple of years ago and my Aussie drivers licences was out of date (by a couple of weeks - Id only bought a year as just arrived and money was tight - and had honestly honestly just forgotten to renew it)...the cop wasnt friendly at all. Wouldnt let me drive home and I had to leave the car there (with all my food shopping in the back) and walk to Christies Beach to renew my licenses straight away.

Also I got a $350 dollar fine. It was'nt a pleasant day - the worst thing was, Id gone to the gym, then food shopping and I had my gym stuff on with sweaty hair and had to have my new license photo like that!!

You'd think they could have just given you 24 hours to renew it and pop into a cop shop with proof wouldn't you? Things like this are the worst possible PR for the police - really makes you think the rumours of fine targets might have some basis in truth!

Guest Rachael Reeve

God I thought the police in the UK where bad! My OH was in the bank and i was sat waiting in the car, four police cars came near me and they closed the road ( bank job came to mind ). Know bank job just me! There was a tap on the window and is this your car? There was police everywhere ( i had kids with me ) It was not nice! When my OH came back he went mad because they where trying to get me out the car. It was all over the number plate.It is a Jap import and the letters can be a bit smaller then a UK car plate but the would not have it. I can now say i do not like the police at all! It was all a waste of time because we where right and they where wrong!