AHPRA - advice

Bevev's

Hi Bev

My wife Debbie applied to AHPRA about mid October, as a newly qualified nurse, and we got an 'Eligible for Registration' letter about 18 Dec (dated 09/12/2011), so theyre pretty good really, everything was sent to the Adelaide AHPRA office.

Hopefully gives you a pretty good idea

Chris

(also a wall and floor tiler with an 11 yr old football mad son, plus a 13yr old daughter)

Hi Chris,

What a coincidence! and may I say, you two are not the only tilers going with 11yr old sons!! there are quite a few on here!! That's great. Where are you going and any plans for when? Thanks for the nursing reg advice, they were working really slowly, but sounds like the time scale has improved.

Bev

Oh god' date=' i hope they are not so long this year!! What did you do Jayne? Were you able to work??[/quote']

Just had to sit it out and wait,couldn't apply for visa until nursing reg sorted out. Was very frustrating at the time. They weren't much better when I got here and presented to their office. Given incorrect info and told different things by different workers, ended up starting work much later than planned. My team leader couldn't work for 6 months when she arrived!!! On the positive side I know of others who've had no problem and hopefully now they're more established its quicker and pain free!!!

Good luck

Hi Bev

Hoping to set up around South Adelaide, Port Noarlunga, Seaford downs'ish area.

As Debbie is a newly qualified nurse I guess its down to whether a hospital will employ a nurse with only 6 to 12 months post reg. experience, will probably go on a 457 and apply via sponsor (hospital/agency) after 12 months for permanent visa.

Weve both been to Australia before, some years ago on WHV's, came back to UK set up new home, had our family now want to give the kids the option of better lifestyle (and us too), took the family up the east coast NSW & Qld 3 years ago and we all loved it..............so here we are.

How about you guys, do you have a job or an idea of where youre going to settle/work ?

Is it still possible to view your Wanted down under episode ? Id like to show Debbie it........was it a positive experience ?

Chris

Hi Chris,

We are planning to go to P'Noarlunga area too!! There are a good few tilers heading towards P'Noarlunga, you should all start a business!! I don't have a job as yet, but I'm not too bothered about it, there seems to be plenty of work in general practice at the moment. Have you applied for your visas yet? Debbie should get a fair bit of post reg experience whilst waiting for visa to come through. We have only just applied for ours, but hopefully it won't take too long. I am hoping we'll be heading out there in July/August, this will allow Alex to have a couple of months in Year 7 out there. Alex was pleased to hear you have an 11yr old son, he loves most sports, mostly rugby though. Where are you from in the UK? we are in South Wales.

Our BBC WDU programme was repeated last Oct/Nov, its series 5. You may be able to go to BBC iplayer, I think our showing was number 18 out of 20, Evans family. Other than that, you may be able to google it. we enjoyed the experience, learn't lots.

Bev