kids clothes shops

Guest bim

Hi guys,

When we did our recci last year, i did not come cross any kids shops on the same lines as next , adams george etc, i did see pumpkin something I think , just wondered what there was in the way of nice kids clothes, my daughter loves primark shes eight and fashion. Do I bring more over to grow in it ?:wubclub:

Hi Bim, I love living here but I'd have to be honest and say that the kids clothes here aren't a patch on the UK. We tend to buy our kids stuff from Target and sometimes Big W but it's nothing like the value of Next or Asda or Tesco. My mum has just decided to come out and visit and I've already got a list as long as your arm of stuff I want her to bring out!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Why worry abput the clothes you cant buy here? No one here is interested in where your clothes come from,or what you look like here! and you only need a few shorts and t shirts along with their school unifrm for much of the year anyway!

sarah

I've found children's clothes tend to be upto age 7 here, once they need age 8+ they become minature teenagers and I'm not at all comfortable with my 8 year old looking like a smaller version of my 16 or 20 year olds. I've also found sizing rather on the small side.

Guest salisbury massive

Its Pumpkin Patch, there are shops in the UK and New Zealand. I find the quality very good there and they go up to about age 14. They have a factory outlet at Harbour town near the airport which is brilliant for buying out of season stuff for next year. Its also good for getting Christmas pressies for the Uk as they have loads of winter stock when its our summer. Perfect for sending back and its cheap.

On the whole I find quality slightly poorer here but places like kids Cotton On, Target (baby Target) and Big W are good. There is a shop called kids Club which offers cheap stuff but it doesn't last long. In fact you'll probably find brand names like O'Neil, Billabong and Quiksilver cheaper in the UK. If you've got a TK Max's near you I'd stock up.

But as Sarah says, no-one gives a stuff about what the kids wear here, I can guarantee that from seeing what they wear when the kids come over to play. Its definately not a label City.

Jo

Guest Guzzler&Sas

i find my two are outgrowing their clothes before out-wearing them ....

I don't really miss kids clothes shops and that Target, Big W, etc fit the bill fine. Jeans and tracky bottoms for the winter and shorts and t-shirts for summer look good from anywhere. But I will say, that PJs here for evening shopping are all the rage!!!! :wubclub:

Cheers

Sas

Guest sarahsmartiepants
But I will say, that PJs here for evening shopping are all the rage!!!! :wubclub:

Cheers

Sas

:biglaugh:Its not just the older generation who do this, I saw a group of girls about 16 ish at blockbuster in theri pjs! I go out all the time in mine now to pick up my daughter, and I get out the car!!:biglaugh:

sarah

36_11_8.gif Hi girls,

thanks for that, I think il get some stuff just to put us on for few months for the coming summer as we arrive in June and we have plenty of clothes for an ozzy winter LoL, I love the pj thing.

Bim

:)

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxmk696YYGB