Help with tax/super when returning to UK

Guest mcgartland

Guest mcgartland

I plan on returning to the UK after a while working in Adelaide. Just wondering what are the easiest/best ways to claim back my tax and super and is it an easy process? Do i have to do anything before leaving Australia or can it all be done from the UK?

Thanks

I plan on returning to the UK after a while working in Adelaide. Just wondering what are the easiest/best ways to claim back my tax and super and is it an easy process? Do i have to do anything before leaving Australia or can it all be done from the UK?

Thanks

Hi

Re the Super it is possible to claim back Super if you were on a certain temporary visa, see here http://www.ato.gov.au/super/content.aspx?menuid=0&doc=/content/32703.htm&page=2&H2 you may be able to do it direct with your Super company dependant upon some factors balance etc, if not you may have to go to the ATO.

Re the tax, not sure if you will be able to do it until the end of the financial year but have a chat with Doug http://www.sas-pl.com.au/contact.html should be able to point you in the right direction.

Regards

Andy